The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How much money need to spend after join the DOJO ?

prosida

affiliate
I'm still sitting on the fence right now, I would like to join the DOJO but I need to know how much budget/money to spend every month on average in order to make around $300/mo ? and how long needed for learning curve inside the DOJO to get $300/mo (for complete newbie but will do whatever it takes to learn from zero) ?

I'm still sitting on the fence right now, I would like to join the DOJO but I need to know how much budget/money to spend every month on average in order to make around $300/mo ? and how long needed for learning curve inside the DOJO to get $300/mo (for complete newbie but will do whatever it takes to learn from zero) ?

The question you have asked is one without a right answer. If you know what you are doing and if you have made a profitable campaign, 300$ per month can come with way less than 20$ spend.

Do the simple math:
- There are countries with CPM's as low as 0.05cents.
- That's 400000 impressions for 20$.
- A 3% CTR on your add gives you 12000 clicks
- A 2% Conversion rate gives you 240 leads
- Say you have a payout of 1.5$ per lead, you make 360$

But, to get to this point where you can make a winning campaign like I have just described is gonna take time and effort and a lot of testing. Maybe you will find a winning campaign after you spend 100$, maybe you wont even find one after 1000$. That's on you.

The learning curve is pretty steep, but just focus on basics first. What vertical have you picked?

Whichever vertical it is, Ad copy and Tracking are pretty basic and you need to learn how to come up with good ads and how to track your clicks properly. Without tracking all your data and spent will mean nothing.

I am a rookie myself, and here is what I have for you:
- Pick a vertical (like Mobile, PPV, etc)
- Find 2 good affiliate networks that suits that vertical. Ask in the forum for recommendations. Join them. Getting in can be tricky, but its possible.
- Talk to your affiliate manager and pick 3-5 offers.
- Find a traffic source. Ask your affiliate manager and on this forum for recommendations.
- Pick a tracking solution. The brand new thing for everyone now is Voluum. It has a free plan and there are guides on this forum and out there. Ask for help when you need it.
- Brainstorm and create ads and angles. You might have to work on some basic Photoshop skills or other ways to create an animated Ad / something like that.
- Test your first offer. Start a follow along thread on this forum.

Good luck!

Last edited:
The question you have asked is one without a right answer. If you know what you are doing and if you have made a profitable campaign, 300$ per month can come with way less than 20$ spend.

Do the simple math:
- There are countries with CPM's as low as 0.05cents.
- That's 400000 impressions for 20$.
- A 3% CTR on your add gives you 12000 clicks
- A 2% Conversion rate gives you 240 leads
- Say you have a payout of 1.5$ per lead, you make 360$

But, to get to this point where you can make a winning campaign like I have just described is gonna take time and effort and a lot of testing. Maybe you will find a winning campaign after you spend 100$, maybe you wont even find one after 1000$. That's on you.

The learning curve is pretty steep, but just focus on basics first. What vertical have you picked?

Whichever vertical it is, Ad copy and Tracking are pretty basic and you need to learn how to come up with good ads and how to track your clicks properly. Without tracking all your data and spent will mean nothing.

I am a rookie myself, and here is what I have for you:
- Pick a vertical (like Mobile, PPV, etc)
- Find 2 good affiliate networks that suits that vertical. Ask in the forum for recommendations. Join them. Getting in can be tricky, but its possible.
- Talk to your affiliate manager and pick 3-5 offers.
- Find a traffic source. Ask your affiliate manager and on this forum for recommendations.
- Pick a tracking solution. The brand new thing for everyone now is Voluum. It has a free plan and there are guides on this forum and out there. Ask for help when you need it.
- Brainstorm and create ads and angles. You might have to work on some basic Photoshop skills or other ways to create an animated Ad / something like that.
- Test your first offer. Start a follow along thread on this forum.

Good luck!

Aye Aye Captain! thanks for the awesome answer..you rocks,man!

so I think I need to have extra $1000 (worst case scenario) budget for campaign tuning, and how about service subscription fee such as tracker,etc ?

also can you suggest which thread where should I start to learn from step by step ? I seems lost here without directions and stepping stones..TIA

Aye Aye Captain! thanks for the awesome answer..you rocks,man!

so I think I need to have extra $1000 (worst case scenario) budget for campaign tuning, and how about service subscription fee such as tracker,etc ?

also can you suggest which thread where should I start to learn from step by step ? I seems lost here without directions and stepping stones..TIA

1000$ is a good start, but its only a start remember. Use Voluum as the tracker, they have a free plan. You will need to invest in hosting (to host your landing pages) at some point, but that can wait a bit.

I dont know of a single resource that can get you started, I have listed your steps up there. Your first step should be to pick a vertical. The various verticals are listed here: Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Go through the threads and read some stories and case studies: Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix until you get a feel of the industry. Dont spent over 90 minutes doing this. Then go with what feels right to you and what suits you better. I am going with mobile, because its the "new" and I am a developer myself.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Yea that was a great answer. Its all about testing if you are gong the paid route. The CTR and CR will differ, sometimes drastically with different campaigns. I would recommend doing both paid and organic methods. Build them up at the same time. I would really recommend doing this slow and learning. Just like i dont play poker when I need the money. Most people here can help you, myself included.

Get your test in motion. Mobile is a good option. Make that landing page hit the answer to the question. Either way you will see results. Gather that data. Decide if your tracking is moving in the right direction. If it is showing good conversions. You are in that zone. If not. You need to test with a budget. Win or lose. Then when you hit the goal. You increase your budget. For now. Just get into the rhythm. Take action.

Yea that was a great answer. Its all about testing if you are gong the paid route. The CTR and CR will differ, sometimes drastically with different campaigns. I would recommend doing both paid and organic methods. Build them up at the same time. I would really recommend doing this slow and learning. Just like i dont play poker when I need the money. Most people here can help you, myself included.

what's your best paid and organic method,any recommendation ?

Get your test in motion. Mobile is a good option. Make that landing page hit the answer to the question. Either way you will see results. Gather that data. Decide if your tracking is moving in the right direction. If it is showing good conversions. You are in that zone. If not. You need to test with a budget. Win or lose. Then when you hit the goal. You increase your budget. For now. Just get into the rhythm. Take action.

I saw that you're the DOJO member, is there any step by step blueprint for completely newbie like me ? do you know someone who can make money from zero to hero inside there?

I will take your advise, which network should I join? can I promote your mobile app ?

Okay, just picking mobile because I am doing it isn't really the right way to pick it. But mobile is as good as any so go with it.

For network recommendations on Mobile, I am using Mundo Media, Matomy Media and F5 Media. They have a collection of Mobile offers. If I had to pick one, I would go with Mundo :)

You can promote my mobile app, but I do not have the budget to pay you for your efforts. lol

Okay, just picking mobile because I am doing it isn't really the right way to pick it. But mobile is as good as any so go with it.

For network recommendations on Mobile, I am using Mundo Media, Matomy Media and F5 Media. They have a collection of Mobile offers. If I had to pick one, I would go with Mundo :)

You can promote my mobile app, but I do not have the budget to pay you for your efforts. lol

Are they auto approval network? any tricks on how to get approve instantly e.g with your aff url or skype the am ?

Check out my thread on making money from Mobile CPA using free traffic: [GUIDE] Bank Off Mobile CPA Offers from FREE Traffic (PART I) | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

can you be genuine ? that "guide" just intended to get you commission:((

Are they auto approval network? any tricks on how to get approve instantly e.g with your aff url or skype the am ?

Auto Approval networks suck. Mundo Media welcomes newbies, so if you send in a proper application, you can easily get in. They will call you to verify. In case they do not get back to you in time, email them and they will follow up.

Matomy Media was easy to get in too.

can you be genuine ? that "guide" just intended to get you commission:((

And I think that was a nice share from @lrs1995 . It sounds like it will work. I am gonna test it out this week :)

It took me 4k and 4 months to hit my profitable campaign. It really depends on how much effort and time you put in. As for getting approved to network, just submit your app without fearing rejection. Be honest with them. AMs loves genuine people. Good luck

It took me 4k and 4 months to hit my profitable campaign. It really depends on how much effort and time you put in. As for getting approved to network, just submit your app without fearing rejection. Be honest with them. AMs loves genuine people. Good luck

what lessons you got from those huge mistakes ? what's your advice on how to survive and finally thrive with profitable campaign?

Keep launching campaigns. Don't be scared to make mistakes. If you never made the mistakes before how would you know what no to do and where to search for the right way? Also remember "ABT", "always be testing".

The thing about this industry is that you have to burn money to collect data. You can burn 10k and hit one campaign that makes you 100k a day. All it takes is one life changing campaign and a taste of success.

Auto Approval networks suck. Mundo Media welcomes newbies, so if you send in a proper application, you can easily get in. They will call you to verify. In case they do not get back to you in time, email them and they will follow up.

Matomy Media was easy to get in too.

Aye Captain! will take your great advice, once again thanks a bunch for always share awesome answers here...:)

banners
Back