The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How much budget to test a offer in bing

$20 is enough. If you break even, you'll have a ground to change things and test to get positive ROI. Your spend should not be more than the actual payout.
If have to disagree. I like to test 3 to 5x the payout and with lower payouts sometimes 10x, so I have a little more data. But to each his own I guess.

If have to disagree. I like to test 3 to 5x the payout and with lower payouts sometimes 10x, so I have a little more data. But to each his own I guess.
Depending on the niche selected, with Bing you'll pay from $0.05 to $0.5 per click if everything is setup correctly. Say, you are paying $0.5 per click so for $20 you get 40 clicks. Personally for me, 40 targeted clicks are enough to see where my mistakes are and what could be improved. But of course, as you said, it depends.

Depending on the niche selected, with Bing you'll pay from $0.05 to $0.5 per click if everything is setup correctly. Say, you are paying $0.5 per click so for $20 you get 40 clicks. Personally for me, 40 targeted clicks are enough to see where my mistakes are and what could be improved. But of course, as you said, it depends.
If i do not get break even under 20$ should i pause that campaign?

You have a lead based offer that pays $20 per lead, is that correct?

In that case I would be prepared to spend about $3-400 in total for my first campaign. You have to spend money to make money.

However, you'll be monitoring the campaign closely to make sure that you don't spent you money on stupid things like unrelated keywords and stuff like that. You also want to make sure that everything is working from a technical perspective. The form submission and validation works like it should, the conversion tracking works and all that...

Remember, you are paying for DATA. If your first campaign for a product breaks even then that is actually a huge success. You can then direct and optimize your campaign based on your data and slowly bring it to profit (pause keywords that don't convert, reduce bids etc).

If you payout per lead is $20 then I would also make sure not to spend much more on that per keyword.

But on a campaign level I would be prepared to spend way more to make sure that I test my keywords to their full potential.

Hope that helps.

Fred

How to take campaign decision, move it or pause it?

Hi!

There are more metrics and factors you should take into account before pausing your campaign.

1. Few conversions - if you have a low cost and very few conversions, you might think that there is a room for optimization, although optimizing might cost you even more than you think, be careful.

2. Low costs in sum are a huge loss - make sure it doesn't happen to you.
Let's say I was running a campaign for 10 days and have spent 9xpayout for it, and got only 1 conversion. I have checked, and there are no unique websites producing high costs, I can't stop parameters as OS, Device, and browser based on one conversion, decreasing the bid wouldn't help, since yes, costs are low, but the number of conversions is lower. Clearly should stop.

3. Low amount of traffic - setting high bid, receiving high quality of traffic, and getting really low amount of it is another reason to stop and think. It is often in spots with low volumes such as 250/250, to be spending 6xpayout and not seeing conversions.. Maybe worth to switch.

4. Large difference between revenues and costs. When you raise your bid, in order to get better quality of traffic, and your costs increase more than the amount of traffic, and even though you are cutting "expensive" parameters, if the gap between revenue and costs doesn't get smaller, this campaign probably doesn't worth the work.

Generally speaking, get your optimization to the maximum, and if there is no effectiveness, taking into account all the metrics you see, it might be time to stop the campaign.

Suppose the offer payout is 20$ how much money should i spend before pausing that campaign........

I would test with $300 bucks at the minimum in order to see what keywords convert and if there is solid potential for scaling up. If it's a lot less you might not be able to get enough data to come form and accurate analysis and conclusion, so make sure to give it a good whack!

Should you direct link the offers to first test their effectiveness before introducing LP variable?

This is what I have been doing. If there are some conversions from direct linking and you've made some profits, that it means you can make more money if your landing page is attractive.
It doesn't mean that no conversion with direct linking is hopeless for a particular offer. The landing page may help with the conversion, but you have to put more effort in this case.

banners
Back