The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

how much budget is for testing a cpa offer on native ad network?

Depends on the way you want to promote it (CPM/CPC), geo and all other things.
Current question is too wide.

Somewhat the answer will be spending like x3-x5 on test to see if the offer converts or not.

Cheers!

My rule of thumb is 100$ per test unless the payout is higher than 20$ CPA (then I'd go for 150$). If you get profitable straight away, scale like hell. If you are close to profitable (spend 100$ revenues +60$) then optimize and keep on testing. If you get below 60$ revenues from your first test, move on to the next target.

Most important in the beginning is learning the ropes, getting data (never run without tracking) and constantly optimizing ROI+ placements and eliminating bad sources. Spy as much as you can and network with AMs as if your life depended on it

Suppose, i have a offer that has payout on 10, how do you promote it on native ad network and
how much budget for it.

I saw this rule elsewhere and applied it to my strategy:
For every offer I use a budget of x8 of the payout. 8 seems like an odd number, but it works for me.
So in your case your testing budget will be 10*8 = 80

My rule of thumb is 100$ per test unless the payout is higher than 20$ CPA (then I'd go for 150$). If you get profitable straight away, scale like hell. If you are close to profitable (spend 100$ revenues +60$) then optimize and keep on testing. If you get below 60$ revenues from your first test, move on to the next target.

Most important in the beginning is learning the ropes, getting data (never run without tracking) and constantly optimizing ROI+ placements and eliminating bad sources. Spy as much as you can and network with AMs as if your life depended on it
hey next target means new offer ? is it

hey next target means new offer ? is it

It could I guess but I think he meant your next geo/target audience/traffic source, whatever.

Don't forget that you can also try the same offer from different networks, if available.

If you are want to start your journey with paid traffic then you have to spend at least 250$ to find out wining campaign. After then simply tweak and invest to get profit.

If you are want to start your journey with paid traffic then you have to spend at least 250$ to find out wining campaign. After then simply tweak and invest to get profit.

Sounds reasonable. You just have to make sure that you still have money to invest after the testing amount is used up. Sucks to find a good campaign and not be able to keep it going and make it profitable.

You have to calculate your EPC first. If you are think you are running with good EPC then spending $1000 isn't big issue.

Depending on your starting budget you need at least $200 to test properly, on an average of $0.2 click you will get 1000 clicks which should be enough for you to determine how profitable the campaign can be. You should set your benchmarks (CTRs and eCPAs) from the beginning and keep optimizing daily per source id and placement. Make sure you always have the right tracking and receive as much data as possible from them. If we start losing more $ than our goal in a source ($10+ in this case), the source will be stopped. There are many other parameters that should be considered but this is of course dependent on the product itself.

How do you determine which native ads network to use, because spying shows a network , lets say network X, but there are a lot of bad reviews about bots comming from network X ?

You know this is like playing Russian Roulette. Everyone has a system, and who knows if one is more effective than another's, it still involves plenty of luck ;)

There are a lot of variables to consider here, like the network, if they have a min spend, what is the total budget you have to work with etc etc etc. I consider all these when I make a decision.

If I get 20% ROI from that initial test, I am generally prepared to pay more attention and see how it goes.

Something else to consider is what ROI you need to achieve for it to be successful?

Last edited by a moderator:

I really have a lot o learn when it comes to paying for advertising. I'm not necessarily a newbie.. but not very successful. I am learning that I need to use some paid advertising before I get any real results
Thanks for the info

banners
Back