The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How Many Visitors Does it Take?

Privateer86

I want to know how many visitors my site needs before I can ethically post a conversion rate for affiliates.

Specifically I've converted 307 out of 3839 visitors (just under 8%). Is that enough traffic to reasonably declare an 8% conversion rate. I'm converting like crazy, but I don't want to confuse potential affiliates into thinking that's over the course of 100,000 visitors to my site.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Privateer and welcome.

Good to hear you are so conscientious about sharing the right numbers.

I don't really know what the magic number is. I would think 5,000 - 10,000 would be better. But I see no reason why you couldn't cushion it and make it accurate now by saying, even though we are fairly new, so far our conversions are at almost 8%. That's true and almost makes it sound like they could even get better in time.

I'd like to see if we can get some feedback from affiliates though.
What do you guys think???

I would say you need 100,000 visitors a month and you would have to do it repeatedly over 4 months to be sure. I read big sites want 1 million pageviews to get accurate conversion rates.

conversion rates are subject to vary according to several factors. in many cases conversion rates will be higher in some seasons and lower in some others.

Traffic levels are not the only parameter to consider while calculating the conversion rates.

No problem

Of course you can say you have a conversion rate of 8% - this is not unheard of. There's nothing "unethical" about using data from a sample size of 3,800. If you're still holding at 8% 6 months for now then good for you.

banners
Back