The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How many Tumblr blogs do you have?

soy lelo

affiliate
For anyone who uses Tumblr, about how many blogs do you have and about how long do they last before Tumblr cancels them?

The reason I ask is I have about 15+ NSFW Tumblrs going at any one time of varying ages. Anywhere from a few weeks to several months old. (I haven't been doing this for very long) But every so often one will get canceled. While I'm sure there's some trigger I'm setting off that causes it, there's no rhyme or reason that I can discern. They just get canceled.

No Biggie. I just build another one when they get yanked and here lately I've been considering ramping that number up to as may blogs as I can create. I wanna see how far I can push my luck. :p

I have over 50+ Blogs on Tumblr but not using them properly. I think it is time to serious about Tumblr marketing.

Sounds like a ton of work if you have to blog.

Tumblr confuses me a little. I hear people talk about Tumblr blogs but when I "explore" Tumblr, it looks more like Pinterest to me.

I have over 50+ Blogs on Tumblr but not using them properly. I think it is time to serious about Tumblr marketing.

Cool, then I'll definitely start cranking out more. I use individual private proxies for each blog but I don't kid myself. I realize there are probably dozens of ways for them to figure out which sites are mine and I was a little hesitant about how many I should build. :)

Fortunately, I've only had a total wipe once. It was when I was first starting out. I slowly built up to 15 sites all using my main IP and I came home one day to find them gone. I learned an important lesson about proxies that day. :p

Cool, then I'll definitely start cranking out more. I use individual private proxies for each blog but I don't kid myself. I realize there are probably dozens of ways for them to figure out which sites are mine and I was a little hesitant about how many I should build. :)

Fortunately, I've only had a total wipe once. It was when I was first starting out. I slowly built up to 15 sites all using my main IP and I came home one day to find them gone. I learned an important lesson about proxies that day. :p

How many are you allowed to have?

Sounds like a ton of work if you have to blog.

Tumblr confuses me a little. I hear people talk about Tumblr blogs but when I "explore" Tumblr, it looks more like Pinterest to me.

For me, Tumblr seems more like Twitter. Except with Tumblr I can queue several days worth of posts in advance. As far as work goes, it's not bad. It's grunt work but you can automate a lot of it.

For anyone interested, these are the sites that helped me get started.

Crakrevenue was my starting point:

Tumblr | CrakRevenue

Next, I'm not sure if the owner of this blog posts here but I have seen him elsewhere. His site was probably the biggest help to me:

Tumblr Guide For Adult Webmasters | AdultWebmasterBlog.com

I believe this guy has posted here before but I don't know if he's been here lately. His videos are excellent:

And last but certainly least, reading this guys thread has been an inspiration for me. Although he focuses on Twiter, the strategy is similar.

My first Adult CPA campgain | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

After that it's just a matter of trial and error. The worse that will happen is your site will get canned and you'll have to start another one. :)

@soy lelo thank-you. I may have to give Tumblr another look. Trouble is, I find it difficult to keep up to multiple social accounts effectively. And yes, I automate some of it....but I'm thinking not enough. :)

That video is by @Jay Wessman - a rock star! I took his free course and have read his posts here. He's a great teacher, makes things easy to understand and does a lot of free/social methods. :)

How many are you allowed to have?

One way to find out. :p But seriously, that's why I use a separate proxy and email address for each blog. The trick is to make them think each account belongs to a different person.

Out of the 15 I have now ( there were 16 earlier today), they're spread out over about 5 different niches. I figure at some point it's no good to keep building for the same niche. After a while you'd have to hit a saturation point where all your followers are repeated for each of your sites.

So I guess at this point I have some niche brainstorming to do.

One way to find out. :p But seriously, that's why I use a separate proxy and email address for each blog. The trick is to make them think each account belongs to a different person.

Out of the 15 I have now ( there were 16 earlier today), they're spread out over about 5 different niches. I figure at some point it's no good to keep building for the same niche. After a while you'd have to hit a saturation point where all your followers are repeated for each of your sites.

So I guess at this point I have some niche brainstorming to do.

Thanks for the education! I really appreciate it.

banners
Back