Targeting:
2013-02-06_0945.png

STATS
2013-02-06_0948.png

Bidding minimum CPM of $0.16.

Cost $5.53
Revenue $14
PROFIT of $8.47 (over 100% ROI).

So almost every click he got turned into a lead basically LOL. This is what happens when you are straight forward and honest with your ad.. less curiosity clicks, more genuine clicks.

By some people’s definition, this particular ad would have been cut a long time ago (I hear of people cutting if there’s no clicks only after 1000 impressions?). This particular affiliate used 2x the payout as the rule for testing creatives and although the CTR is nothing to brag about, the ROI is :)

Big thanks to the affiliate who gave permission to use his stats and a big congrats on being profitable during the test phase!

Ben

A lot of deceptive ads tend to generate a lot of curiosity to consumers or users which does create more curiosity clicks and lowering your overall conversion rate as the end result.

I find that being straight forward in your AD creatives tend to yield better results and more satisfied customers ( and happier advertisers ). Unfortunately there are a lot of marketers who do participate in deceptive advertising just to get their pixels to fire in their account and not caring about the quality of users or consumers that buy the products or use the services they are promoting.

But yeah, having these type of stats - I would have def not cut this ad, but once the results start to change then I would either drop it or optimize.

Sorry to bump this, but did he use 2x payout guideline for each creative or for the entire campaign? Was the you posted for more than 1 creative?

I would have probably - it depends when the click came in tho and how much I was paying per cpm or cpc.

banners
Back