The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How many admin in a forum?

mint1

affiliate
What is the best of managing a forum and how many forum admin require to run a forum? Can we take it as a business?

Im a firm believer that there should only ever be one Admin on any forum , i can never see the point of having loads of admins as most of the time they do nothing more than a mod would do .

But as GKD says it depends on how busy your forum is as to how many "staff" you have , Super mods and mods are fine , no need for anymore than one admin

What is the best of managing a forum and how many forum admin require to run a forum? Can we take it as a business?

You only really need one admin to start with unless you expect your forum to grow so rapidly that it becomes impossible to manage alone. The next step would be to bring in mods, usually willing long time members of your forum who you trust. That said, if you have other demands on your time, bringing in a partner as an admin to help you run the forum and share the workload is a good idea.

-

When more than 2 admins are "in the house" it usually means problems. Best practice is to stick to two admins and how many moderators/supermods you need to run the forum. ;)

I think there must be a ratio to members, so if you have 100 members, maybe you need one admin and one mod. Then I'd wait until there were 300 members and invite a long-standing and active member to become a mod.

I suppose it depends on whether the forum actually needs that much control. I mean, you wouldn't exactly need a ratio of one mod to 100 members to keep a knitting forum in line, but you might need 20/100 to keep a political discussion forum under control!

It depend on the size and number of members in the forum that will determine the number of admin and if one can take it as a business. A forum like dp is a big business for the owner and it will have not less than 5 full time and some part time admin and mod, working in the forum.

I agree, it depends on the size. It also depends on how frequently each admin is going to visit, and what timezones they are each in. There is no definitive answer.

hey, if you can't find friends to trust, fine. You can handle it

and if you do have friend, you can just make them moderators, don't need to make them admins.

Also, my GOOD friend is admin. I have 2 other moderator friends

I have good staff, just need more members

It all depends on the categories in the forum. Different persons for different category. sometimes more than one person for one category.

banners
Back