The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How is this even possible? Traffic Junky vs Exoclick

SirOdds

Hey,

So I launched my very very first campaign, yey! After some data gathering from Traffic Junky and optimising, traffic went down significantly, despite bidding pretty aggressively. Seems excessively low, but it is super targeted, and not the issue right now

So I thought to take it to Exoclick, and launch from there already optimised - same GEO, same premium websites (and more), same banners, same keyword, same ad placements, same LPs ... everything

I managed to drive double the traffic from Exo than I was from TJ, but... Exoclick -91% ROI while TJ is rocking +50%.

I cloned that TJ campaign into a new GEO, and instantly I'm +25% ROI.
How is this possible? I thought Exoclick was a solid traffic source.

From Exo, banner CTR 0,51% ...while on TJ 0,15% (but TJ converts!)
From Exo, LP CTR = 9,8% ...while traffic from TJ is 30%
From Exo, CR = 0,89% ... while on TJ = 6,78%

I did choose premium sites only on Exo. How is this possible ?

__

they say Exo has too much bot traffic nowadays, and that's it. Search this forum and you'll find many complaints on the same thing.

Are you using the same placements on Exoclick?

The traffic you are buying is the same but the thing is, it is not served the same way on Exo and TJ.

You might be getting the lowest quality traffic on exo while getting premium on TJ.

I will give you an example. If you are in the first positions in TJ for the same banner, it means that your banner ad is shown in priority to the site's visitors.

On the other hand, if you are in position 10 or 12, it simply means that when a visitor sees your ad, he has already been serviced several other ads (and maybe even your ad from TJ) hence he won't convert as the ad/banner is burnt already.

I have no idea about bot traffic issue that Daria is talking about, but yeah, they might be serving you low quality traffic blended with bot traffic and it might explain the high CTR you are getting.

I think they are ways to detect bot traffic, cashmoneyaffiliate is suggesting to use magic checker for that.

Oh yeah, and if your goal is to scale the campaign, you might have a better chance duplicating the same camp is TJ and launching the same camp in different countries. For example if you were doing Mexico, you could easily scale to other LATAM countries like Argentina, Colombia etc..

Good luck

they say Exo has too much bot traffic nowadays, and that's it. Search this forum and you'll find many complaints on the same thing.

Right now it seems like they're bots only given the stats! ...

Oh yeah, and if your goal is to scale the campaign, you might have a better chance duplicating the same camp is TJ and launching the same camp in different countries. For example if you were doing Mexico, you could easily scale to other LATAM countries like Argentina, Colombia etc..

Good luck

I'd love to! Except TJ dropped the ability to target specific mobile OS. So I'm stuck on +10% ROI, because I cant filter out either Android or iOS!! highly frustrating

Right now it seems like they're bots only given the stats! ...

I'd love to! Except TJ dropped the ability to target specific mobile OS. So I'm stuck on +10% ROI, because I cant filter out either Android or iOS!! highly frustrating
You need to find a TS with carrier targetting. Are you promoting adult content offers?

Yes, adult dating. How on earth is carrier targeting going to solve the issue I have in the OP?

__

I thought you were promoting content billing offers, not cpl offers.

Then you can build a funnel and with your tracker redirect iOS traffic to another offer. One that performs well with iphone users. Ask your AM.

Anyways, usually traffic sources with carrier targetting offer the option to target a specific mobile OS as well.

Anyways, usually traffic sources with carrier targetting offer the option to target a specific mobile OS as well.

You are correct... usually... I can still target carrier, just not OS. I know I can redirect the traffic myself to another offer, that's not the issue in this thread. I'd like to understand how, with basically the exact same campaign parameters at TS, I get such different metrics.

Banner CTR alone is completely baffling

pinging @Giles ExoClick @Exoclick @exoclick_mark

__

Last edited:
Sent an extremely detailed email to Exoclick, with screenshots of all my claims. Zero response in over 24h. And I was answering to the welcoming...

"Hello, I am X, your friendly Exoclick Client Care Team manager bla bla bla...

Based on the settings of your campaign, I can see you are interested in buying Tier 1 traffic from YYY for your offer. I would appreciate if you could give me some feedback in regards to the campaign performance once you have tested for a few days or let me know should you need help to optimize it?
"
Yeah, Tier-1 ... so no point in even pulling the Tier-3 card here.

Highly highly disappointing, for a company that proclaims itself as being industry leader.

From some intel with TM's on other sources, seems they broker most their traffic and have an army of bots, which doesn't really make much sense to me. If a noob like me can spot fishy business 100000 miles away... I'm baffled. Not that I take any competitor's word to the T, but numbers don't lie. And I'm seeing them myself!

Truth is, I switched sources and ran the exact same campaign, and my numbers are exactly the same as Traffic Junky, with added OS targeting.

I really don't want to be a d*ck and spam the forum and be down talking anyone, but the lack of response is quite disturbing.

Not to mention my 200 bucks down the toilet.

__

Last edited:
Update:

My complaint escalated apparently, got word back and they're looking into my campaign stats.
So far, despite the slight delay, they're being very professional and cooperative.

__

Final Update.

After asking me a bunch of questions, requesting detailed information, after I send them a bunch of screenshots and CSV exports from my tracker for both Traffic Junky and Exoclick campaigns, along with an extensive and detailed step by step explanations of the campaign setup and optimisations this is what I got back... Judge for yourselves.

"After checking the targeting settings and the stats, we would like to advise you that it is normal that the results from ExoClick and other networks are not the same. For this reason we would also like to suggest you to monitor your campaign and also we would like to offer our help to optimize it."

o_O

Same placement,
Same GEO,
Android was giving me negative and iOS positive, so I targeted only iOS
Best carriers
3 best CTR banners out of initial 5
Best LP of 2
Best Offer of 2

__

MI
Back