The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How important is it to use the products you promote?

vegasjo

affiliate
I was curious how many of you actually use (or have used) the products/services you promote. I'm attracted to the affiliate opportunities that I've used before (Noom, Bluehost, Fitbit, etc, etc). I feel that I could promote them better with intimate knowledge of the product/service.

How much does this type of thinking factor into whether or not you promote a product/service?

Thanks for reading my post.

Joe

It's not that important really --you just have to know the product will be delivered 'substantially' as advertised --and is competitive within the product's segment.

If you have had a positive experience with a product/service, you can personalize the sales pitch to a first person experience --and be truthful. So, that is more authentic and a plus (leading to better conversions hopefully).

I was curious how many of you actually use (or have used) the products/services you promote. I'm attracted to the affiliate opportunities that I've used before (Noom, Bluehost, Fitbit, etc, etc). I feel that I could promote them better with intimate knowledge of the product/service.

How much does this type of thinking factor into whether or not you promote a product/service?

Thanks for reading my post.

Joe
Hey, in terms of usage, certainly. Having used the particular product before, you are rightfully better able to persuade your target audience on the pros and cons of the advertised product. But with that being said, it also has to come across as somewhat organic and not 'paid' or sponsored. Especially for relatively new affiliates, would rather they work with a product in a vertical they are familiar with then branch out to something that's completely new or in a different geo.

For instance, hypothetically you live in say Canada and you have great experience with the new Fitbit Sense 2. Generally you would know how receptive the Sense 2 is within Canada. But if you were to start campaigns in say Asia, Thailand for instance with the same FitBit, you might find that it isn't as receptive because the Garmin is much more in demand there.

Well the important thing its to offer a good product to your audience because you need to build trust as these people will buy again from you
Just think if someone you trust offer you a crap product and you pay some good money ,would you buy again from that person ? Hell no and you would unsubsribe from his email list etc
Thats the thing with testing the product you want to promote ,you need to be sure that the product offer some value to people

banners
Back