The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How has this site got the first position on Google?

HelenN

Today I have just done a search with "internet marketing forum" keyword on google to find a good site for promoting my graphic service (fiverr gig)

But pretty strange for this site "Webmaster Sun", they are on top #1 for this keyword, see the picture

3BWgvLA.jpg

and I have a look on their site, they only have Threads 8,590 threads while other forums have millions of threads/posts but they still can be considered a higher position on Google search results.

I want to know what marketing or search engine optimization techniques they have applied for their site to have the first position on Google so that I can learn and apply for my blogs.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Helen N.

Depending on your cookies as well as location your search result are come up. If you login to the google plus account and if you follow someone and some have those keywords criteria then you'll see those on your search result as well. I just search and saw they are in 2nd position on google. They have already got PR3 and backlink quality is high. Here are some further analysis :
Snap_2015_12_24_at_06_54_24.png

Depending on your cookies as well as location your search result are come up. If you login to the google plus account and if you follow someone and some have those keywords criteria then you'll see those on your search result as well. I just search and saw they are in 2nd position on google. They have already got PR3 and backlink quality is high. Here are some further analysis :
Snap_2015_12_24_at_06_54_24.png

Thanks Ninja Marketer for cool analytics on their site. From your image, I could guess they are having more social shares so that they got good position like that?

...I just search and saw they are in 2nd position on google.
Yes sometimes its #1 but sometimes #2 or #3 , I don't know why having the difference between searches?
I heard someone called it as Google dance?

It is due to the fact that they have optimized all their content. One thing that you need to have it done well is the SEO of your website. It does not really depend on the quantity of the content but rather on the quality. i am suspecting that the webmaster people have been able to work their optimization to the top. Ranking also depend on other factors and not only on the SEO, you need to be able to see and implement other factors that will see you get to the first place.

I think its because of the quality of each post. I once joined this forum and was able to know the standard it maintains for each of their post.

I think it shows like that based on your location. On my end that forum appears on the 7th position. Google does that all the time, it displays results based on your location.
A curious thing to note is that I have searched for this term two weeks back and that forum wasn`t listed in the first 2 pages of Google`s SERP so they must be doing a good job with SEO.

I think it shows like that based on your location. On my end that forum appears on the 7th position. Google does that all the time, it displays results based on your location.
A curious thing to note is that I have searched for this term two weeks back and that forum wasn`t listed in the first 2 pages of Google`s SERP so they must be doing a good job with SEO.
You are right, when I am searching this keyword then this site Webmaster Sun - The Largest Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace is getting #3 on Google US but on Google UK it is getting #2, it has the differences between different locations
Here's a different result that I am getting when searching with google UK

AF4I92u.jpg

I agree with you , you might do a great SEO job and I am trying to learn ways that they are applying for their site.

Last edited:
banners
Back