The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How does domains work with WP?

Alyboy

affiliate
Hey there, I'm new to this and I'm kind of stuck right now so I would really appreciate if someone can help me clarify this...

#1. For example in order to create multiply simple site do I need to download a different WP for every domain that goes with that site or do I download WP one time?

And If I do how do I create a different website with another domain without having to interfere with the first domain I downloaded WP with the first time?

Hope I made sense and hopefully I'll find someone to give me a clear detail on that.

Thank you.

If you purchase only one domain then you can only create subdomains. for example:

www.yourdomain.com

then you can create subdomains:

clashofclans.yourdomain.com
winrarcracker.yourdomain.com
amazongcg.yourdomain.com

etc.,

& no these subdomains will not interfere between each other and you have to install wordpress for every subdomain.

I hope I answered your question.

Regards
IndeXer

I am new like you @Aly and spent the entire day checking out website cost on Fiverr. I am glad you asked this question and I clicked on the link @IndeXer provided, did you? Sometimes I feel so lost even with all the wonderful information I read here.

I am new like you @Aly and spent the entire day checking out website cost on Fiverr. I am glad you asked this question and I clicked on the link @IndeXer provided, did you? Sometimes I feel so lost even with all the wonderful information I read here.

That was just an example I gave, if you need any help in setting up a website then I will be more than happy to help you.

Regards
IndeXer

I agree with @mxyzptlkfishstiks on using a Wordpress Multisite. It requires a few steps and editing some code in order to set it up, but there are multiple tutorials you can find online that take you step by step on how to do it. Having one Wordpress installation for your sites allows you to access them all easily from one dashboard and you'll only have to install your plugins and themes once. There are a lot of cool things you can do with it. Check out the plugins by WPMUDev including their domain mapping plugin.

MI
Back