The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How do you optimize your campaigns with 0 conversions?

Hello Mr Suitcase Marketer!

I always heard people talking about optimizing campaigns and testing landers etc.

So i went ahead and get my feet wet in this cpa game.
But i always getting 0 conversions regardless of whether i am using direct linking or landers.

I been using landers that are similar to the ones I spied.
However the CTR of the landers are always less 5% CTR.

I don't think the problem is with traffic sources because there are people making huge cash with them.

I also don't think the problem is with the offers because I only promote offers that are recommended by my AM and top offers by volume.

Looking forward to your help!

-Tom

Change headline, image, font, size, call to action button on lander
Improve lander speed loading with css minifier, resize images,
Focus on keyword, url target, I often cut keyword that spending more than 1-3x payout of offers without having a single conversion.

@pthoang61

i understand about cutting targets that spend over 2~3X offer payout but the thing is if every targets are getting 0 conversions it became harder to test.
Because I doesn't know what targets to scale and test if i had no data(0 conversions) to rely on.

Can you give more info?
How much have you spent? What kind of traffic - display v/s pops? Whats offer payout?

After running through my test budget for a particular offer, I'm getting the 0 conversions then I just chuck the offer and move on.

"Spending more than 1-3x payout of offers"
Who can explain why ?. because cost/click might high in some network.
On statistics >= 30 sample is represent for popular.

"Spending more than 1-3x payout of offers"
Who can explain why ?. because cost/click might high in some network.
On statistics >= 30 sample is represent for popular.
After spending 2-3x offer payout you will have statistically significant data to be able to tell if the placement/target has potential.
If its 0 conversions after that much spend, then most likely that placement/target will not convert.

Hard to figure out this when you run only one landing page. Best chances to pick up successful campaigns is to rotate a few landing pages with clear differences so you can figure out what generates traction. Clickthrough rate is definitely the first indication but sometimes you need enough clicks to generate conversions. So first pick up the right landing page. Then copy it and make a variation with different call to actions (play now, download now, etc...) to again see what is the best CTR and eventually at some point, you will start getting some conversions.

My advise is to:
1) Check visual aspects: color, font, words, pictures etc. If you put yourself in user's shoes, would you like to open the game etc?
2) try to analyze traffic sources. You've said that they are workable, however have you made right blacklists etc?
3) Try analyzing cost (per click/per view). Sometimes increasing will help you much relevant traffic.
4) Try thinking of other angles.

Btw, could you please show up your landing?

MI
Back