The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How do you feel about "Unlimited"?

MichaelMelen

affiliate
I remember the times when the word "unlimited" was shunned upon - because you truly can't have unlimited. Moreover, "unmetered" would produce the same effect... if no one metered usage than Youtube would only need to use shared hosting and not XX servers.

Now "unlimited" has gone mainstream and all the limits have gone into the fine print. (CPU limitations, only store what your website uses, etc.)

Is there really a point of calling it unlimited though if that's not really what it is? What are your guys thoughts about this?

Unlimited is used way out of context the same as the word free is used today. Unlimited is not unlimited and free is not free.. So I guess you could call it false advertising or you could just call it what it is, A Lie...

I associate unlimited with gimmick, its just not possible to provide "unlimited" anything.

I remember the times when the word "unlimited" was shunned upon - because you truly can't have unlimited. Moreover, "unmetered" would produce the same effect... if no one metered usage than Youtube would only need to use shared hosting and not XX servers.

Now "unlimited" has gone mainstream and all the limits have gone into the fine print. (CPU limitations, only store what your website uses, etc.)

Is there really a point of calling it unlimited though if that's not really what it is? What are your guys thoughts about this?

In what context is "Free" not really Free?

We see this all the time when people advertise something is free but when you check it out you have to buy something to get the free item or signup for something..This is not free is it...

Firstly I agree with the way the word free is being abused . Secondly When a service provider says you have unlimited bandwidth, it means that your service provider will not be slowing your speed. Your service provider's connection could be 1 gigabit per second or even more. The service provider may also allow you unlimited transfer per month.You can use as much bandwidth as you need without any limit. Many problems revolve on Service providers who claim to offer unlimited bandwidth yet they don’t.I would be interested in learning more about your previous experiences with service providers.

Well when when its unlimited it means it has no limits and doesnt end and it feel great ,its amoung the greatest word that you hear .But when someone says unlimited andbit has restrictions then they use a fake word

Hosting companies and large bandwidth internet companies buy Tier 1 ISP 'pipes' 20, 60 gb/s and those are used up to their capacity.
They are measured only by their capacity of theoretical throughput. So, use is 'unlimited by measurement however limited by the capacity of the line.

So your only limit is what can be 'stuffed into the pipe at the moment' that will vary when 1000 accounts are competing to use that 'pipe' or data center uplink simultaneously.

Things that are unlimited include
  • space
  • time
  • numbers
  • opportunites
Our opportunities are limited by our time and our numbers (bank balance, credit lines and/or debt load)
Our opportunities are also limited by our chosen lifestyles and responsibilities. Like having a wife, 4 kids and a mortgage :D

I have unlimited potential to fail
I have unlimited potential to succeed
but I do not have an unlimited amount of
time to choose between them

I don't. My property has been paid in full for 15 years now ;)
That is not the point.
Our life's priorities are limiting.

"Our" refers to society in general.

Having a floor and living with a ceiling is a lot more comfortable ...
Nothing is static
Something I was working on this morning
Put your money (or time) on the wood
There are no guarantees in life ;)
1650115692270.png

MI
Back