The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How do you deal with tracking multiple campaigns?

andponomarev

affiliate
Hi,

It's not a problem to track CPC campaigns - you pay only for clicks, and it's easy to see income/spends, but it's a nightmare to track CPM campaigns. I have around 6 banners for each campaign, different CTR, CPC, etc. How do you guys manage to do all that? Is there a cool template for tracking costs? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks for the share, I'll look. And what about multiple sources? For instance, you have like 50-70 domains you're rotating your banners at. How do you deal with that?

Eventually, you can't do complex stuff if you don't have an ad server to rotate banners according to geo, caps etc... Current tracking software like ours dont have banner display options, so a few of our users have integrated with ad servers with our tracking solution, so they could rotate banners, redirect clicks to the relevant offers based on geo target and still have all the tracking/conversion options.
Obviously, it's not the best option, but as far as it goes, it's much simpler than using a solution such as doubleclick or openx which are insanely complex to manage and configure.

But let me ask you a question, if you have domains that get organic/direct nav traffic - you dont necessarily have calculate cost, no?

Can you tell a bit more about your setup? I might be able to point you to the right direction.

Eventually, you can't do complex stuff if you don't have an ad server to rotate banners according to geo, caps etc...
Obviously, it's not the best option, but as far as it goes, it's much simpler than using a solution such as doubleclick or openx which are insanely complex to manage and configure.

Well, I'm using the Revive adserver that I'm happy with, but for fixed cost spots only.

But let me ask you a question, if you have domains that get organic/direct nav traffic - you dont necessarily have calculate cost, no?

No, I'm not speaking about organic traffic. It's that I'm running RON on several networks with thousands of different sites driving paid traffic towards me.

Can you tell a bit more about your setup? I might be able to point you to the right direction.

I've got the Immobitrax tracker. That's pretty much it about my setup.

CPM tracking is not possible as of now.

At the end of the day, you have to go through your data and calculate the your CPC from the CPM and CTR.

CPC = CPM / (1000 × CTR)

And then update your click costs in imobitrax to get accurate statistics.

As said @lrs1995 it's not possible to pass cpm cost but one thing you can do is the following:
Pass a parameter (associated with each site where you advertise) from your ad server to your tracker as well as a cpc cost (indicative/average) so you can eventually get a approximation of what the traffic cost you and theoretically your reporting should give you an eCPA / eCPL for each site you advertise on.

One of the traffic source that has been integrated with our system did manage to pass dynamically a CPC cost which was the result of a CPM cost (cpmcost*impression / clicks = cpc) but that required some dev on their side, and i'm not sure all ad networks are ready to do so.

Hope that helped.

CPM tracking is not possible as of now.
Yeah, I'm aware of this. I was asking for an easier solution. Currently I have a campaign with 105 websites and 6 banners. I would have to manually enter 105 x 6 = 630 CPCs in Imobitrax. This would take a lot of time :)

@andponomarev

Is the goal to have the exact CPC cost data in your tracker for each banner?

If yes, can you export the costs of the banners in bulk?

We have a bulk cost-update function that uses a CSV template. You can update cost by campaign + custom variable (in this case banner). You use the template and submit the job once a day to update previous day data. Once you get the process down, you can probably get someone to do it programmatically

banners
Back