The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you check if a article has been copied?

Melissa24

I recently had someone write a article for my blog,but i have not posted it to my blog just yet. How do you go about checking to see if that article has been copied? I tried copyscape,but i don't see where you can type in the entire 500 word article to see if it's copied.

One method that I use is to try to find a group of words that you wouldn't expect to be common in a lot of other things and search for that in Google using quotes. You wouldn't need the entire article.

Or look for something which is specific to that particular article that you wouldn't likely expect to find in other places other than that article.

For example if the paragraph above was in the article I might do a search for "specific to that particular article that you wouldn't likely expect to find in other places"

Google would then show pages that contained that exact wording. Just for the heck of it I did a search and they show nothing for it. After this post gets spidered that will change and this post will show up.

You might try a couple of portions of the article like I illustrated. But that is a method that I have always been able to have success using.

The first line or so would probably work have tried searching with that method in the past.

I tried to do a search on google to find a software/program that would help prevent plagiarism, copyscape seems to show up a lot in my searches. I wasn't able to find any others. Perhaps someone can provide additional insights into this.

I would ask the individual who wrote the article about where they got their information from and about their sources for a reference check. Unless they are an absolute expert at it, it is more than likely that they read a lot of articles on the topic to form their article.

Like Larwee mentioned.. Copy a few snips of your article and paste into google..

Though a lot of people(copiers) usually make/swap an additional 1-2 words each or every other sentence.. It's hard to tell..

MI
Back