The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you build a Money List ??

Hello Everyone,

I know you would be wondering what I meant by money list :):):)

What I meant, Was,

How do you build Email List that converts into buying of products you promote to them.

I have seen a lot of people talk about there is money in a list and other things.

But I have been wondering how do they build this money list that buys what you recommend to them.:(:(

So feel free to share your ideas and experience with me. I'm open to all positive responses.

If you have a big dream in making money with this field, try to hire or buy list from the lead generator. They own valuable list
If you want to build your list with your blank hand, create good websites to have subscribers.

If you have a big dream in making money with this field, try to hire or buy list from the lead generator. They own valuable list
If you want to build your list with your blank hand, create good websites to have subscribers.

Thanks for your input

Have you used any lead generator and how was the experience?

Np Akintunde,

If you don't want to invest much, try Mautic, a free open source
If you want anything easy to use, try Interspire Email Marketer
If you may invest, try Mumara
If you want something cheap, try Mailwizz

Everybody may have their own favorite scripts. There are a ton things to learn before you become a success email marketer.

Np Akintunde,

If you don't want to invest much, try Mautic, a free open source
If you want anything easy to use, try Interspire Email Marketer
If you may invest, try Mumara
If you want something cheap, try Mailwizz

Everybody may have their own favorite scripts. There are a ton things to learn before you become a success email marketer.

Wow. Thanks for the list, Will check them out.

Do you mind you talk to me more over a cup of coffee on email marketing via Skype?

How do you build Email List that converts into buying of products you promote to them.

I have seen a lot of people talk about there is money in a list and other things.

But I have been wondering how do they build this money list that buys what you recommend to them.:(:(

First of all, have you ever done any email marketing?

Do you actually want to build a list, or do you think you have the skills and resources to purchase and properly use lists?

I'm a content marketer and for my purposes I build my own lists through email captures in my various niches. I have newsletters and weekly emails that go out to my lists with high quality content attached to hot offers the niches are known to respond to. Is this the type of email marketing you want to do? Keep in mind that email marketing of this nature is very different from obtaining lists and soliciting to them.

When email marketing the way content marketers do, the money is NOT in the list, it IS in the relationship with the list.

First of all, have you ever done any email marketing?

Do you actually want to build a list, or do you think you have the skills and resources to purchase and properly use lists?

I'm a content marketer and for my purposes I build my own lists through email captures in my various niches. I have newsletters and weekly emails that go out to my lists with high quality content attached to hot offers the niches are known to respond to. Is this the type of email marketing you want to do? Keep in mind that email marketing of this nature is very different from obtaining lists and soliciting to them.

When email marketing the way content marketers do, the money is NOT in the list, it IS in the relationship with the list.

Wow. TJ, as always very helpful :):)

So please talk to me more about this.

If you have resources which can be helpful. I'd be glad.

Wow. TJ, as always very helpful :):)

So please talk to me more about this.

If you have resources which can be helpful. I'd be glad.

Essentially what I am saying is that your title asks about how to build a list. However, some of the posts are not directed at building lists, instead suggest using software's meant mostly for use with large purchased lists. Which type of email marketing do you want to do? This is a decision you must make.

If you want to capture emails through your marketing online, then there are loads of avenues to take for capturing emails in your niches and grooming them over time.

If you want to buy data lists, invest in large volume email management platforms, that is an entirely different animal. This type of email marketing I would defer to @mxyzptlkfishstix and @eMonetize as they are in that side of email marketing.

Both are great. Just different animals. My way is slower, but very rewarding over time as I develop relationships and sites for my niches. These can be sold as a business after time. I can't say that for bulk email promotions applied to purchased data, as i have no experience in it.

Let's see if my shout out to the above mentioned members can give you some insight into that side of the business so you can decide what direction you may want to go.

You need to decide on what kind of marketing you want to learn, then build a plan around it.

If you want to be a bulk email marketer, I'm sure these other members will guide you.

If you want to capture and build your own lists, then let us know here and I'll have a few more questions for you so I can guide you in the direction you need to set your path.

I'm an email marketer, its a great way to generate loads of sales but as TJ mentioned above, It's all about the relationship you have with your list. The are two parts of the process, the lead generation part and relationship building part.

A thing I would recommend you to do is to make something called an empathy map ( You can just google for it and find plenty of templates). I first heard about it from a book called "Gamestorming" and it transformed the way I market to others. With some simple fly on the wall research, you can really map out your audience and this will immensely help you build your list of qualified buyers (both from sending qualified traffic to your squeeze and writing to them).

For the writing part, check out some of Ben Settle's stuff to get a good idea. Just don't spam them with offers everyday because once that attention is lost, it may aswell be gone forever.

Good luck

Last edited:
Essentially what I am saying is that your title asks about how to build a list. However, some of the posts are not directed at building lists, instead suggest using software's meant mostly for use with large purchased lists. Which type of email marketing do you want to do? This is a decision you must make.

If you want to capture emails through your marketing online, then there are loads of avenues to take for capturing emails in your niches and grooming them over time.

If you want to buy data lists, invest in large volume email management platforms, that is an entirely different animal. This type of email marketing I would defer to @mxyzptlkfishstix and @eMonetize as they are in that side of email marketing.

Both are great. Just different animals. My way is slower, but very rewarding over time as I develop relationships and sites for my niches. These can be sold as a business after time. I can't say that for bulk email promotions applied to purchased data, as i have no experience in it.

Let's see if my shout out to the above mentioned members can give you some insight into that side of the business so you can decide what direction you may want to go.

You need to decide on what kind of marketing you want to learn, then build a plan around it.

If you want to be a bulk email marketer, I'm sure these other members will guide you.

If you want to capture and build your own lists, then let us know here and I'll have a few more questions for you so I can guide you in the direction you need to set your path.

Brilliant!!

I'd prefer the slower method and also learn how to build list based on one's niche.

If I were to pick a niche for example.

I'd pick Internet marketing niche for business owners as an example.

So what do you think I should do?

I already started by using a landing page to build the list by offering a special service.

But I'm not sure if it's the right way to build a list of potential buyer's of products I recommend to them.

So TJ what do you think?

very good point and as i would never put my hand on emailmarketing (because that is also a fulltime job) I do not really generate emails but in some cases it is a MUST.

example dating:

a normal marketer is sending his dating traffic to any offer and hopes that that it will make him profit.
i have tried out many of these programms and i was never REALLY happy.
so i switched to my own landingpages and own form and pushed the signups with an API into the system.
and because i was tracking all answers from the other site I found out that the conversions wasn´t that good as i expected NOT because i made a mistake in my advertising strategy - it was because MANY users (and on one big programm it have been up to 75%) where already in that system and could not sign up.

what did i do? I extendet my script and as the landing page was a neutral adult dating page I´ve posted the ones what could not signup in the first programm to a second one.
here i got already a nice result but still had signups who where in BOTH programms. so i added a third one and was ending up with around 15% of user what have been in all 3.

so normally something what you think you can kick away - but NOOOOOO
if one is really USING his brain he will realize that this 15% list he have in his hand is pure gold. because you have a list of adult-dating addicted persons.

as i said - i do not do emailmarketing because i know how hard and technical complicated it is to get even a legal mail into an inbox. so I gave this adresses to someone who is specialzed in that and we promoted an e-book what was about "TIPPS HOW TO FIND A GIRL FAST IN DATING PLATTFORMS"
The first number I had was around 10.000 emails (unprooved on correctness)
And we sold 79 of this ebooks for 69.90 €

That is what means THE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LIST :)

very good point and as i would never put my hand on emailmarketing (because that is also a fulltime job) I do not really generate emails but in some cases it is a MUST.

example dating:

a normal marketer is sending his dating traffic to any offer and hopes that that it will make him profit.
i have tried out many of these programms and i was never REALLY happy.
so i switched to my own landingpages and own form and pushed the signups with an API into the system.
and because i was tracking all answers from the other site I found out that the conversions wasn´t that good as i expected NOT because i made a mistake in my advertising strategy - it was because MANY users (and on one big programm it have been up to 75%) where already in that system and could not sign up.

what did i do? I extendet my script and as the landing page was a neutral adult dating page I´ve posted the ones what could not signup in the first programm to a second one.
here i got already a nice result but still had signups who where in BOTH programms. so i added a third one and was ending up with around 15% of user what have been in all 3.

so normally something what you think you can kick away - but NOOOOOO
if one is really USING his brain he will realize that this 15% list he have in his hand is pure gold. because you have a list of adult-dating addicted persons.

as i said - i do not do emailmarketing because i know how hard and technical complicated it is to get even a legal mail into an inbox. so I gave this adresses to someone who is specialzed in that and we promoted an e-book what was about "TIPPS HOW TO FIND A GIRL FAST IN DATING PLATTFORMS"
The first number I had was around 10.000 emails (unprooved on correctness)
And we sold 79 of this ebooks for 69.90 €

That is what means THE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LIST :)

I'm honoured to have wizards answer my question in details.

To be honest, I never really thought I'd get this much value until I saw the responses.

Thanks a lot. Let me sit and process everything you all have said and decide on what next i need to do.

I'd prefer the slower method and also learn how to build list based on one's niche.

This has long term solid returns, as long as you deliver original quality content.

If I were to pick a niche for example.

I'd pick Internet marketing niche for business owners as an example.

I think you need to NOT enter that niche as a Newbie. That is a niche where you have to know the business exceptionally well. Why not start out with something that does not require you to be an authority?

Or, if you want to be an authority in a niche, what is your background in business, in life, in education, in hobbies, in sports, etc.?

So what do you think I should do?

I already started by using a landing page to build the list by offering a special service.

Is your landing page a true landing page to push and pre-sell an offer, or is actually a website dedicated to a niche?

But I'm not sure if it's the right way to build a list of potential buyer's of products I recommend to them.

When collecting emails, either from landing pages or websites, you need to identify what niche and ads they are responding to so that you can send the name and email information to the correct list for future emails. This is easily done with the scripts supplied by most any of the autoresponders on the market. You need to use an autoresponder to control the email groups you define and send content with offers to.

Also, you say, "buyers of products". Are you trying to sell products or are you trying to get conversion on offers?

I have some questions for you:
  • Have you researched the niche(s) you intend to develop a relationship with?
  • Have you acquired a VPS? Please do not use a shared server!
  • Have you acquired a tracker?
  • Have you selected the traffic source to begin with to buy traffic from?

This has long term solid returns, as long as you deliver original quality content.

I think you need to NOT enter that niche as a Newbie. That is a niche where you have to know the business exceptionally well. Why not start out with something that does not require you to be an authority?

Or, if you want to be an authority in a niche, what is your background in business, in life, in education, in hobbies, in sports, etc.?

Is your landing page a true landing page to push and pre-sell an offer, or is actually a website dedicated to a niche?

When collecting emails, either from landing pages or websites, you need to identify what niche and ads they are responding to so that you can send the name and email information to the correct list for future emails. This is easily done with the scripts supplied by most any of the autoresponders on the market. You need to use an autoresponder to control the email groups you define and send content with offers to.

Also, you say, "buyers of products". Are you trying to sell products or are you trying to get conversion on offers?

I have some questions for you:
  • Have you researched the niche(s) you intend to develop a relationship with?
  • Have you acquired a VPS? Please do not use a shared server!
  • Have you acquired a tracker?
  • Have you selected the traffic source to begin with to buy traffic from?

Wow.... Here are my responses to the questions you asked.
  • Have you researched the niche(s) you intend to develop a relationship with? (Yes i have, At the moment, I'm trying to build a list to my e-commerce training business, I have gotten a few options over 100 but still need more. Concerning contents, I have been sharing a few of my contents to avoid spamming. Started sending it at twice a week.
  • Have you acquired a VPS? Please do not use a shared server! ( At the moment nope, I haven't. Currently using an e-commerce hosting with fastcomet.com and they seem effective enough, but i do intend to move to a VPS later on.
  • Have you acquired a tracker? ( Installed Prosper202 but been unable to rap my head around it. Not sure why. I want to believe it's a bit complex and lacks proper documentation)
  • Have you selected the traffic source to begin with to buy traffic from? ( Yes i have. Based on my audience research i have decided to stick with facebook ads)

I saw you asked other questions earlier.

(Or, if you want to be an authority in a niche, what is your background in business, in life, in education, in hobbies, in sports, etc.?)

Yes i do have a few hobbies and background in other areas of life.

Business: I'm into Health Ecommerce, Website development Freelancing, and other things.

Education: Got a degree in computer science

Hobbies: Music, Developing websites, Researching and movies.

Sports: Football

Not sure why you asked but i guess is to help me narrow down the niches to go into.

Anyway let me know what you think ?

banners
Back