The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do you become an Affiliate Manager for a Business?

Nicheme

affiliate
Hello, I notice a lot of these individual Digital and physical products that offer an affiliate program do not have any resources for the affiliates to help them be successful promoting their products. I feel if they are serious about having affiliates they should have at least a few of the following resources for their Affiliate JV partners:

A Must have is an Affiliate resource page and on that page:

• Welcome Video explaining about the product and how to use the resources to promote.
  • Email Sale Funnel Swipes that can possibly be integrated into Getresponse and/or Aweber
  • Facebook Ad Ideas and Images
  • Banners
  • Easy contact w/ an affiliate manager who understands all aspects of affiliate Marketing
  • COUPON CODE SET UP.( I really want this so I can use as lead magnet and for higher conversions)
  • Lead Magnet
  • Bonuses to offer leads
  • lead magnet swipe.
  • html coded Landing page for affiliates generate leads to their list.
  • What would you like to see?
So I would love to offer my services to product owners who are lacking in these resources. Here are my Question

1. I would Like to create a Landing pages w/ a list of what I can provide. It would include above. What else should I include?
  2. Can you provide examples of pages of affiliate managers listing their services?
  3. I would like to do this on a % basis and possibly retainer. What should I charge?
  4. How do I find the Contact info for the Decision Makers who may be interested in these services?
  5. Should I insist that any paid promotion I do to target new affiliate be paid for by the owner?
  6. Should I insist that the product owner be willing to do paid promotion to draw new affiliate to their affiliate program?
Anyone on here doing this or know someone? How do you do it?
I know I am probably asking these question wrong so please be tolerant of my ignorance. :)

TIA for your contribution to my post.

Wow that,s great post thanks for very informative post , your article is very informative and knowledgeable i will share it to others marketing guys,

The post is actually pretty good - most companies starting affiliate programs without affiliate experience just expect that having an affiliate platform is enough, and most creatives should be created by affiliates.

I especially liked the lead magnet part.

I have a couple of questions to answer:
2. This is the best one I've seen so far: upfoundry.com
4. Well, I assume Linkedin and Hunter.io
5. Of course
6. Absolutely

Why do you think it wise that an affiliate program should offer a lot of canned creatives that are the same to all affiliates -- I don't get the logic really ...

Who pays for the development costs BTW? You do realize that that comes as a hidden *tax* on your compensation -- you are the one paying for it in the end ...

CPA is an expense allocation in selling costs. If the base compensation is 50%; marketing expenditures are recaptured from the compensation; 50% now becomes 45% (or less) to the affiliate. Knowing that: Would you pay for all those creatives and tools?

That said, I think an affiliate program should offer good content for use in promoting what they sell for affiliate use or selling (advice|information|marketing tutorials (blog posts)). <<< there is a common interest in this.

Bottom line: Affiliate programs have marketing budgets. Larger affiliate program's marketing budgets involve participation in relevant trade shows (world-wide) to make contact with larger key affiliates who currently (or have the potential to) produce 80% of the revenue for their programs.

This may be as much as 50% of a larger affiliate programs marketing budget.

Affiliate outreach: affiliate manager salaries and overrides as well as affiliate program advertising costs may only leave 25% or less of the marketing budget for your want list ...

The sponsor/(owner of the offer) should offer tracking and postbacks -- some accountability to ensure affiliates of accuracy (to some extent).

Agreed

It has been a breaking point for us, as owners of an affiliate program, when we've heard one Marketing Pro say:
"Affiliates are your sales people - and you want your sales people to have a full arsenal of tools to make SALES."
So we've started doing everything we could for our affiliates:
  • create content
  • calculate stats
  • share roadmap
  • share keywords and best cases
  • create customized offers
And suddenly we started getting more affiliates and got to another stage of growth.

banners
Back