The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do I update other People's websites that are written in PHP?

bigcat1967

I was thinking about changing they way I optimize my client's websites (by doing more on-site optimization) - bascially putting articles on there for one. There were a few clients in the past where I would go in and change the title tag or something like that, but in the future, I want to be more involved with on-page rather than off-page (not meaning I would abendon any type of backlinking or something like that).

My problem is this. I know how to do my own websites and my CMS is either WP or just a notepad where I have my HTML and CSS written. However, when it comes to doing other people's websites and I have to either add or subtract pages - usually their pages are done in PHP - in which I know nothing about. So my question is this: If I want to add pages to a client's website - should I get their developer to do it or perhaps create a blog w/ linking back to the website.

The idea is to get a lot of optimized pages on the website in a lot of different niches that are not that competitive that is balanced out with a good many searches.

So, what do I do?

If you're going to do much of this, it might be worth your while to take some time to learn PHP. If you already know HTML, you'll find that it's not as big a learning curve as you think.

I would highly recommend any of the books produced and sold by SitePoint.

Thanks Minstrel - I might check into PHP. I really don't want to do it - but I might have to bite the bullet on this one. I still like the idea of outsourcing it out to a PHP developer (since I outsource some of my article writing and backlinking to ppl from other countries) - but developers can be pretty pricey. I want to keep the cost down for my customers but still make a good profit off of each project.

Well, if you do decide to outsource, let me know.. I have a contact who is very reasonable for PHP coding I can't do myself.

banners
Back