The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do I format an e-book?

Jaded Affiliate

affiliate
My research suggests a good way to build an email list is by giving away free value. I have decided to do this with an e-book. The process, however, seems to be complicated especially when dealing with the epub format.

How have you guys formatted the ebooks you have written? Should I stick with epub format, pdf or docx?

I always provide both pdf and docx versions. As well, when I submit a book to KDP like to submit it in docx format. Seems to work better for Kindle. I've never used ePub, but I know Kindle accepts that too. I think pdf is more widely used over all.

Give-aways can be tricky, make sure it is high value info. That's the only way you can get return value from it. If they give personal information in return for the book and it is crap, word will get out.

Done right, it can foster great relations with the user.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and pack in as much value as possible into this book. People feel used when they give out their info for a shoddy product and this fosters resentment.

However, allow me to rephrase my question: How do I format the docx or pdf to give it that ebook feel? Opening a docx without formatting feels like reading a college essay assignment more than I book IMO.

I can't recall ever downloading an ebook in the docx format so I will look around the internet and subscribe to a few places with a throwaway account.

Thanks

hey man.. its simple. What all you need is to reviews some already published e-books on this subject. I am sure, you can get some useful information in this way. If you have got a massive word count, then its better to distributed all the content in different chapters. However if you have a few hundred to a couple of thousands words to say then, consider a nicely configured interesting report in pdf.

Keep your content enriched with graphics and appropriate charts / graphs. These days peoples don't appreciate, great Walls of Words too much.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and pack in as much value as possible into this book. People feel used when they give out their info for a shoddy product and this fosters resentment.

Yep!

However, allow me to rephrase my question: How do I format the docx or pdf to give it that ebook feel? Opening a docx without formatting feels like reading a college essay assignment more than I book IMO.

I use an older version of Acrobat Pro for formatting my books. The ePub you are using is more widely accepted these days from what I have read recently.

Yes, docx is usually not used often and I just happen to make it available since I also use it for KDP submissions. Nice thing is that both pdf and docx can be locked with passwords as well.

There are many eBook cover programs to integrate a cool cover with the eBook. I usually just get someone from Fiverr or Elance.

banners
Back