The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do I find affiliates (and super affiliates)?

andylong67

Hello,

I recently created a membership website where the members receive trading and investing recommendations from expert traders. I like the business model for several reasons, mostly because other people (my expert traders) do most of the "work" of keeping the content updated. And, it provides a valuable service to the members.

I really believe in the concept of marketing and growing the site via an affiliate program. However, this is my first time creating an affiliate program. The affiliate program pays 40% monthly recurring commissions (the memberships currently cost $39.95 to $49.95 per month). I think 40% is pretty generous (and I really can't pay more since I'm paying the expert traders to provide the content). What do you think? I haven't had many affiliates sign up yet.

Do you have any recommendations about where to advertise to find affiliates? Is is permissible to just do a search for other "financial" websites similar to mine (but don't compete directly, of course), find the contact information, and email them an offer to join my affiliate program? Would this be considered spam?

Also, I really would be interested in finding super affiliates. Where would I find them? What do I need to offer them? Are they looking for a higher percent commission? If so, how much? What else are they looking for?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Andy, here is a link to one thread that offers some suggestions that might provide some helpful information http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...them-stay-you-except-commission-increase.html

You will find several other useful thread right here in the Merchant & Affiliate Manager Forum.

We have a forum here called Merchants Promote Your Affiliate Program that is free and allows members to promote their affiliate program. Please be sure to read the rules to make sure you can meet the requirements and will follow the rules. This is a link to that forum http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...com/merchants-promote-your-affiliate-program/

Affiliate Recruitment, Finding Affiliates?

For finding new (super) affiliates check out the "Affiliate Recruiter" by Syntryx. It's not cheap, but worth it, if you are serious about your affiliate program. The service is actually more than just a locator tools affiliate partner, but it has several special features that were created just for this purpose.

It's a full blown competitive intelligence tool to sneak up your competitors and see what they are doing. Heather Paulson wrote a good post at ReveNews.com about her review of the service in May 2007.

Also worthwhile reading IMHO is my post about "What (Super) Affiliates Want" at ReveNews.com from July this year.

Cheers!

MI
Back