The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How do affiliates find you? Established affiliates or new builds?

DeannaB

Hello again!

I was hoping to start a conversation on a couple topics I have in my head.

1. How do affiliates find your program? Is it mostly you reaching out or do folks just stumble upon you and sign-up? Do you rely heavily on networks?

2. Are most of your affiliates already established in your space or do you rely on these marketing gurus who can set-up a site around your offer?

I look forward to hearing your insight!

Thanks,
Deanna

I think my goals are to get large affiliates rather than a number of small ones. To get in favor with the big dogs you need to be proactive, provide value for them in some way, and in some cases - be extremely persistent.

It's a fine line between providing value and being annoying, however, and a line that's not easy to walk.

Hi Kyle,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your reply! I'm with you - a couple good affiliates is a lot better than many small ones and I definitely have no problem being "professionally persistant" as I like to say...

The hard part is finding those large affiliates! (I'm in B2B space, so that makes things even harder!) Do you have any tips on finding those big affiliates?

Thanks!

Depends on your definition of big and our program. Smaller sites within a specific niche may bring less traffic but higher conversion. Higher traffic sites more traffic - less conversions.

Try to find a balance between 'professional affiliates (PPC, Loyaty sites etc) ' , niche publishers , and content affiliates.

Build relationships .... and offer the right tools :)

Great thread.

I found this section of the AffStat Report in the new FeedFront, and I found it really helpful.

Personally, we attract a good number of publishers from some of the buzz that we generate as a company (new features, products, etc.), but the largest efforts are exactly what Kay mentioned: Reaching out and building relationships.

MI
Back