The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How did you do in this PR update (14.VII.05)?

O

ovi

How did you do in this PR update ? It seems that the google dance is still on action. Let me know how did you do ;)

Ovi

I don't care. My sites/pages have jumped back up to the top of their silly little SERPS. They can have their PR, I'll take the traffic, please.

JMHO

I to would love more traffic instead of PR, but it seems PR is my thing lately, so selling with saying hey i got pr4 ;) lol.

I got 2 PR 4 websites now and 8 PR 3 websites! it's doable, but i'd love to recieve 100 a day on those sites lol...

Hello

KlaasKoopman, I am wondering if you not wish to exchange some links.
Please PM if you want.

Regards,
Ovi

It must have been caused by those down time, one of my sites that was offline for a prolonged period lost page rank as well

Upon closer inspection, I think the main site PR may have gone down a point because of new links to Hobby-Universe and Fragtard.net (both new Lifesupporters Network sites). The PR on Hobby-Universe is now up at PR 3 as is Fragtard.net where Hobby-Universe was PR 2 and Fragtard was PR 0.

I could be wrong but I do not think your theory about the PR going down because of linking to Fragtard.net and Hobby-Universe is the correct. I think it mostly because of the down times but like I said I could be wrong.

Well if that's the case, why is it that so many sites are sticky about reciprocal linking with low to no PR sites? I've run into this rule several times in my link exchange travels and I thought that was the reason.

I also noticed that Lifesupporters.net went from PR 0 to PR 5, wow!

Lastly, the Lifesupporters.com page hasn't been down for any significant amount of time over the past 3 months as it's on a new webhost. I can see why Paul doesn't put much faith in Google PR, it really does seem to be a mystery sometimes.

Duke, let the PR mystery be mysterious. I know their game (no, I'm no king, but I've got a hunch, which has worked for over 4 years), but don't let it be YOUR game. Let YOUR game be, attracting visitors. And if you're not using a service such as http://public.tafmaster.com/, I would consider doing so.

TELL A FRIEND!

Peace, my North American Friend.

Paul, I love you and it's not the cheap, watered down luv love, it's the o.v.e. version. Of course it's hetero only manly type of love, don't look for any kissy.

Duke said:
Well if that's the case, why is it that so many sites are sticky about reciprocal linking with low to no PR sites? I've run into this rule several times in my link exchange travels and I thought that was the reason.

I also noticed that Lifesupporters.net went from PR 0 to PR 5, wow!

Lastly, the Lifesupporters.com page hasn't been down for any significant amount of time over the past 3 months as it's on a new webhost. I can see why Paul doesn't put much faith in Google PR, it really does seem to be a mystery sometimes.

A site being down is not the only factor that can make your PR go down, its just one of the possible factors, some links to your site which boost it to it previous url may have been removed and a number of numerous other reasons it could be down PR wise.

PR is not significant but like you said if you want to be able to trade links with some of the more powerful sites on the net you need to have a decent PR.

I'm kinda with Duke on this one, it seems to be because of his backlinks but who knows for sure? Here's an article I've read:

Google PageRank Update Analysis

Search Engine Journal has a useful post analyzing the latest Google PageRank Update in which they speculate as to why many sites have decreased in their visible PR whilst increasing their backlinks:

‘The most current PageRank update will undoubtedly cause a larger stir than usual in that many sites have shown drops in their visible PageRank while at the same time showing significant increases in their backlinks. This fact reveals that one of three things has occurred in this latest update:

1. Google has raised the bar on PageRank, making it more difficult to attain a high level, or

2. The way they are displaying their backlinks has changed, or

3. The way they calculate the value of an incoming link has changed.’

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/index.php?p=1913

I was also wrong about Hobby-Universe's PR, it's actually PR 5 now, Fragtard is PR 3 and Lifesupporters.net is PR 5. In other words, huge change across all linked pages in the Network with the only negative move being to the page they all derive rank from, lifesupporters.com.

The reason I know they all got their PR from lifesupporters.com is because none of these other sites have links to anything but lifesupporters.com at this time.

banners
Back