The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How can I monetize my design blog ?

darkomkxd

Hi there buddies :)

If I didn't ment earlier, im also a graphic designer, working as a freelancer on 99designs. I have my own blog, its on Macedonian Language, and I have no Idea how to monetize it ...

Here is the blog

Code:
http://makdizajn.info

Im on Elance ... Im not much interested in other freelance website except for 99designs... i have the best experience there.
and @mtmjohn, google adsense isn't allowed on non-english site as far as I know :/ or am I wrong ? D:

First thing I will say is... great looking site design. Very clear and concise.

As for monetizing things if Adsense is allowed in your country then that is a way to go, or maybe an Adsense alternative if anyway knows of any to recommend?

One thing that I wasn't aware of on the site (correct me if I'm wrong) was any form of newsletter or opt in. If you can start building a list from the traffic you are generating you can start marketing products to them, be it your own product or an affiliate product that you gain commission from.

The final way would be to sell advertising space by including an area on your page for banners (e.g. 125 x 125). Of course the rate you can get for these slots will depend on the volume and quality of the traffic you receive but there are many great plugins out there to utilize this option.

P.S. Something like what Jay is recommending would be a great shout for the target market of your blog, if you go for something like Themeforest you can also link to Graphicriver (Their sister site). Maybe do a round up post of the top 10 graphics or themes for a particular niche.

@Dru, thanks for the comments. I spent a lot time to code that template :D It must be good. Adsense isn't allowed in my country :/ How to "start marketing products" you said ?

@Jay by promoting ? Is there an option on themeforest/graphic river to get an affiliate link for promoting their products ?

@Dru, thanks for the comments. I spent a lot time to code that template :D It must be good. Adsense isn't allowed in my country :/ How to "start marketing products" you said ?

I would get yourself signed up to a service like MailChimp (free) and pop one of their forms in your side bar to start collecting e-mail addresses of your visitors. Then every now and then you can send them the news on the latest posts on your blog and/or send them details of any products you find useful along with your affiliate links.

Whether you include a simple e-mail opt in for users to sign up or provide them with a free report, anything to utilize the traffic you are already receiving is a must in my opinion.
@Jay by promoting ? Is there an option on themeforest/graphic river to get an affiliate link for promoting their products ?

As for the Envato marketplaces (ThemeForest etc), if you visit their website you will find links at the top for 'Affiliates', have a look in there and sign up. Then as mentioned earlier, maybe create a post on the 'Top 10 Wordpress Themes for XXXX'. Not only will you provide your users with a great post but also point them to where they want to be and earn a commission when someone purchases the theme.

No worries, hope it all goes well. Keep in mind the things people have mentioned in this thread, K, Jay and the guys have many wise words of wisdom!

I wish my office was too hot.... we haven't even got a summer over here in the UK! :p

Just a note about MailChimp - they don't allow affiliate links, so beware!

Brilliant point, I was just thinking along the free lines. What would you recommend as alternatives?

Most people I know stick with Aweber for their features, integration along with many other things but I'm not aware of a free option with those guys (I may be wrong)

Brilliant point, I was just thinking along the free lines. What would you recommend as alternatives?

Most people I know stick with Aweber for their features, integration along with many other things but I'm not aware of a free option with those guys (I may be wrong)

Imnica Mail - Email Marketing Service - Email Marketing Solved is the only free alternative for affiliates I know of. It goes up to 1k subscribers and 6k emails per month, then we need to pay ;) I really don't know if I would suggest it, Aweber has a month trial for 1$. I guess Imnica would be awesome for some testing.

Hey guys. I decided to start with ThemeForest theme collections and also earning of that.
I tried to figure it out how to add my referal link to the theme download link, but im still at the beginning. Can someone tell me about that ?

banners
Back