The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How Can I get my site popular ?

mutantbull

hey Guys
Recently i started my marketing Blog ,you can found it here : Mgdiary.com
I would like to know how I can get some traffic and make people love my blog?
Can anyone tell me a plugin/method/tool to see the traffic to my blog and to analyze it ?
How Can I improve security of my wordpress website ?
And any other type of suggestion like about theme or anything else is welcome.

Regards,
Mutantbull

Sorry K didn't knew that I had to do that . :p But will keep things in mind next time. Adding you now. ;)
Edit : Done . Thnx for telling me about this.

Last edited:
Find some other IM blogs that are popular. See what they are doing and get things done.

To keep it short, Quality content is the only thing you need. :)

Pardon my bluntness, I don't mean to disparage anyone, but isn't it odd that you would have a blog that claims to be
Best Place for Marketing,Advertising,Promotion etc. Stuff.
and not know how to develop traffic to your site? Just Sayin'...

I would be remiss to critique your skill and not answer your questions, which is the spirit of the Fix, "Helping Others". So...

Recently i started my marketing Blog ,you can found it here : Mgdiary.com
You need an abundance of great quality content.

I would like to know how I can get some traffic and make people love my blog?
There are literally thousands of methods, tactics, and strategies for traffic. First of all, when building an affiliate and/or marketing blog, you will need the corroboration of other marketers as contributors to help grow its credibility and function (IMHO). To make people love it is ambiguous. People only like or love that which provides for them the solutions they need, want, and desire.

Can anyone tell me a plugin/method/tool to see the traffic to my blog and to analyze it ?
Yes, analytics are very important. Why not start with Google Analytics?

How Can I improve security of my wordpress website ?
This is called "Hardening WordPress". Google the expression "Hardening WordPress" and you will find an abundance of contributors all over the world in every language explaining their view on this practice. It is a very important thing to do. WordPress is easily hacked when it is not updated often along with updating PHP and Plugins.

And any other type of suggestion like about theme or anything else is welcome.
Before posting a list like the one in your original post, I suggest going into the DOJO here and learning all of the stuff you have queried. The Dojo is a great place for you to narrow down your learning curve and then all of us here can find it easier to help guide you on your journey. I know you are trying to build an authority site of sorts, but you really do need to have a good handle on the items you listed to properly guide people in marketing as your site proclaims.

People love to help those that are helping themselves as well as helping others. Pay it forward...

Last edited:
mutantbull ,

You are doing good. Keep learning and applying what you learn. You obviously have a goal, learn everything required to reach that goal. All of us here will help you. Never give up,

If you are talking about articles for your marketing blog, then you need to determine what subjects you are passionate about. When you write from a place of passion, you will make more of an impact therefore your article will have more impact on the reader. Since you are in the stages of learning, I would recommend writing about what you have learned. Also, remember that proper spelling and gramar are very important.

As English is not my first language and as a student I am still learning English in my school.
So Can you recommend me a spell checker or sentence optimizer something like that ?

If you use Microsoft Word, or the Open Source equivalent, you can use the bult in grammar and spell check features.

Hey Can anyone tell me that from where you guys get idea about the articles you write ?

Hi mutantbull. This is easy IF you define your target audience.

You do this by imagining a person you can help out, a person that will find everything you post useful and extremely helpful. That person can be imaginary.

Imagine what they do with their life, where they spend their time, when and why they come online and why they need your content, as well as how it helps them. That is your ideal costumer. When you have an image of your ideal costumer in your mind, you will rarely run out of ideas on how to help him or her. What helps that person is what you write about next.

Of course, you need to have some knowledge about the subject beforehand, but you don't really need to be an expert. Rather, it is enough to just know a bit more than the person you're helping.

As for HOW to market your blog... it should be fairly simple, but not easy. First, you do need quality content. But that is not enough... it just opens doors to do actual marketing.

When you have quality content and have and idea who would find that content useful, then you can find places online where those people gather. For example, if I had a post on my blog about how to market online, I would link to it in this reply and would likely get a nice number of readers to it... that is called marketing on forums.

But you can also leave interesting and helpful replies on related blogs that will drive more visits to your blog. Then there's guest posting... but this is a long reply as it is and I won't go into much more detail here.

In my mind, just marketing yourself on forums, on blogs, maybe places like Yahoo Answers, Youtube etc, coupled with guest blogging should bring in a nice number of visitors. Experiment and see which places work best for you. You should even start to see people link to you naturally from here on. But that only works IF your content is helpful, interesting or amusing.

Hope this helps you attain the right mindset. ;)

Last edited:
And Also TJ thnx for helping.
I directly write in Wordpress writer should I change it to wordpad and then copy in the writer and publish ?

You're welcome mutantbull,

If you are writing in WordPress, I think your browser may have a built in spell checker. Also, if you install "TinyMCE Advanced" plugin, you can customize the edit bar above the box you type your words in. I think if you have Openoffice or Microsoft Office installed, they may also extend their spell checkers and grammar checkers to the browsers. For example, as I write this post, My misspelled words are automatically identified with a little squiggly red line under them (thankfully) to tell me they are misspelled. If I right click the misspelled word it will give me a list of possible correct words to choose from.

lumpenfolk - is this plugin trusted becuase it's asking for my site password ?

Everyone - Should I start using Bitly for every link I post on any form or would you recommend some other service ?

MI
Back