The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hosting For Landing Pages

RyanB87

Hi, I am looking for cheap hosting for landing pages, I will be using PureLander. I am
not sure what kind of hosting I should go for, as I have seen good hosting options on Hostgator, such as their cloud hosting, which is better than their website hosting and
has unlimited domains, 4gb memory and unmetered bandwidth and storage.

Although, I have also seen on hear that I would need a VPS service because of the amount of traffic I would be getting with mobile. I have already looked at Vultr and DigitalOcean, but I am unfamiliar with VPS hosting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have already looked at Vultr and DigitalOcean

I have read that you can get a 'droplet' from DigitalOcean for only $5 a month. However, that's unmanaged, you'd have to configure and maintain it yourself. Think Vultr is like $7 or $9, something like that.

I am unfamiliar with VPS hosting.

As am I. I've looked at managed VPS hosting but it's pretty expensive, although quite a bit cheaper via the discounts that you can get through AffiliateFix: (no, these are not my referral links - the deals are brought to you by AFix)

Rose Hosting
NameHero

Some of the managed VPS sites I've investigated were around $50/month, so those discounted prices are pretty darn good.

Other people might have some suggestions for you, too. So, I wanted to give your thread a 'bump'. :D

Also, I would like to know more info about droplets for vps hosting. I see that digitalocean vps starts from £5/pm, but was wondering if that's just a one off payment for their vps service? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just get an VPS from OVH, they are cheap and good.
$3.49 per month and 1 Core + 2GB + 2.4GHz

It's x4 from what Digital Ocean offer.

Just get an VPS from OVH, they are cheap and good.
$3.49 per month and 1 Core + 2GB + 2.4GHz

It's x4 from what Digital Ocean offer.

It's very cheap and good (I have an OVH VPS and I'm very happy), but it's totally unmanaged. You will need some *nix skills to keep it safe and updated... headache will come :D

Another problem with OVH could be geo-targeting: Digital Ocean allows to create and destroy geo-targeted droplets, OVH does not

okay you don't have skills to setup your linux server .
follow this
use amazon s3 buckets they are perfect man .
with amazon cloud front = supper powerful

Hi. I checked out OVH hosting and see its very similar to digitalocean, only a bit cheaper. From your previous comment, do you recommend digitalocean because of geo-targeting? I am using Windows.

Yep. DigitalOcean allows to create several virtual servers geolocated in different datacenters (North America, Asia, Australia, Europe). You can even delete a droplet and create a new one in a couple of clicks and in 50 seconds.

As far as I know, OVH allows only one virtual server at time that you can geolocate in a datacenter (North America or Europe only).

Okay, thanks. I will be getting traffic from various Geo's, so DigitalOcean would be better. I will be checking out what Tyoussef mentioned about Amazon S3. Seems to be great for my budget. Thank you all for giving great advice. Much appreciated :)

Hi all. In the beginning I am thinking to just start with shared hosting, till I figure out how this whole thing works! As I have more experience and get more traffic, I will explore VPS.

Can someone explain to me what the droplets mean in DigitalOcean? I opened their website and got so confused with the pricing, I just closed the window, loll.

Hi all. In the beginning I am thinking to just start with shared hosting, till I figure out how this whole thing works! As I have more experience and get more traffic, I will explore VPS.

Can someone explain to me what the droplets mean in DigitalOcean? I opened their website and got so confused with the pricing, I just closed the window, loll.
@Poulomi Bas follow my tutorial about CPA from here.
there is a solution there better and cheaper then what you are trying to do.
good luck.

@Poulomi Bas follow my tutorial about CPA from here.
there is a solution there better and cheaper then what you are trying to do.
good luck.

Thanks a lot, tyoussef! I saw your tutorial, and love it! It's very detailed and clear. Learning about AWS now is another new thing, though, and I will pick it up a little later, when I become a bit more tech-savvy.

Is it just me, or are there other people out there too, who feel a bit overwhelmed with all these different sides of affiliate marketing? One is the technical part, and then the making good money with good campaigns part.

I am still trying to find my balance between how to learn both as soon as possible, by simultaneous learning and application.

banners
Back