The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Host gator getting to my nerve...

ralphubok

affiliate
Just sharing my experience with host gator. Recently bought a vps with hostgator (two days ago) and registered a domain name with them. Apparently you need to manually register the private name server associated with the VPS account. And I wanted to check the progress on the registration, tried the chatting feature but its giving me this 30 mins wait time. I've been trying a few times and still getting the wait time. Their website mention 24/7 support via chat support, but does not reflect the statement they portray. Time is money, and I'm losing both. :mad:

Yea, they don't have the greatest support...had the same experience. I had an account 2 years ago but I switched everything to cloud hosting.

Create a support ticket or just wait more, unfortunately is nothing you can do.... it sucks.

i managed to get hold to them, they forgot the Cpanel installation! Bad support/service...i have cancelled the account with them and i have to wait for the full refund.

I have shared hosting with HG. I've had to contact them a couple of times for help, used the chat. Yes, a 30 minute wait, so I just went and did something else until they came on. Once they did though, they were really helpful and solved my problem in a couple of minutes. The waiting sucks but the actual customer service once you get there is good. At least, it was for me.

I personally now swear by hiVelocity for anything above shared hosting.

Whoa! A bit above my budget at the moment but looks like it offers exceptional service. They only offer dedicated servers? Not VPS?

I'm still at the stage where all the features might as well be written in a foreign language, have no true idea of what a lot of it means. Another clue I'm not ready for it, I think. :)

I had a shared hosting account with them a few years back, no problem at all. Everything was smooth....but with VPS its a bit slack, i should've gone with beyondhosting.com....not that cheap compared to HostGator but at least you dont need to go for a manual domain name server registration for the private name server....I just hope I get my full refund...spent some pretty heavy bucks on the hosting, delaying my current project and im just so dissapointed right now...:(

Have they got back to you?

Look into blue host maybe or liquid web for VPS.

a VPS is essential for large number of traffics, shared hosting would just over load...in my personal opinion with VPS you will have full control over traffics and volumes and you have the freedom of software installations. But I do recommend mediatemple.com for shared hosting and beyondhosting.com for VPS or DS, btw I've straighten things out with HostGator and everything is smooth now... :D therefore I will soon launch my blog soon....cheers

I've been a HostGator customer for over five years, but I'm now seriously considering ditching them once and for all. They have had FIVE major outages over the last ten months. Five. I can forgive one or two as a "shit happens" situation, but five outages in that short period of time is completely unacceptable. I do not have faith that they will finally get it together over there. I recommend hosting your money sites elsewhere.

For VPS use beyondhosting.net/
and for domains use godaddy
for hosting use arvixe

those are the best for me ;)

MI
Back