The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hi all, another new-ish AM!

Tim King

affiliate
Hey all
smile.png

I'm Tim from the UK, totally new to the AM world as of a few months ago when discussing it in a bit of detail over drinks with a friend who works in this industry. Was very intrigued by it so started to read up and it really grabbed me, usually I'll get bored of something quickly but so far this is still keeping me very interested which is always good! 19 years background in various IT roles and that's my current 9-5 which one day I hope to leave behind, despite still enjoying it mostly, for the much more profitable and under 70+ hour working week AM world.

After countless hours of reading it seems the only thing to do is hop right in and mess up as I go along, so with some time booked off work I've been cracking on as much as possible this week. As with others I'm also tying this in with a few books recommended by you guys on here. Currently part way through The 4-hour work week, then next up is Problems Solving 101, Ca$hvertisting then The Millionaire Fastlane.

Current aim is to have a profitable campaign, then on-wards and upwards from there really, sky's the limit! So far I've only done 2 campaigns, both on mobile for AV/security in Brazil, direct linking from banner to store. Just getting my head around LP's and the code for them as coding and design are the two areas I have no prior experience in, loving the steep learning curve!

Hey all, I'm Tim from the UK, totally new to the AM world as of a few months ago when discussing it in a bit of detail over drinks with a friend who works in this industry.

Hello @Tim King , welcome to the AffiliateFix and the Dojo! Plenty of Brit's here and from all corners of the planet.

After countless hours of reading it seems the only thing to do is hop right in and mess up as I go along, so with some time booked off work I've been cracking on as much as possible this week. As with others I'm also tying this in with a few books recommended by you guys on here. Currently part way through The 4-hour work week, then next up is Problems Solving 101, Ca$hvertisting then The Millionaire Fastlane.

Looks like you've got some good reads ahead of you. Always plenty of great reads available from industry successes and leaders.

Current aim is to have a profitable campaign, then on-wards and upwards from there really, sky's the limit! So far I've only done 2 campaigns, both on mobile for AV/security in Brazil, direct linking from banner to store. Just getting my head around LP's and the code for them as coding and design are the two areas I have no prior experience in, loving the steep learning curve!

You've taken action and that's the biggest hump to get over. You wouldn't believe how many are fence sitters for years before taking action. In my experience, those that take immediate action and start playing with their new toys right away are the ones that find a great success with this industry.

Hi TJ Tutor. Good to hear about the tinkering with new toys bit, that's what my life has been based on! Break things, fix things. Best way to learn.

MI
Back