The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Help with google webmaster tools

Y0yOy0

affiliate
Hi guys.. I've recently registered the domain futbolbg.com and I've added it to my webmaster tools account, verified it and already added a lot of content to the website. Today I was very surprised that I had like 50 crawl errors - all of the 404 of pages that never existed on my website. It says that they were indexed in 2008-2011 year, which means the domain used google analytics before but it got dropped and I registered it..

My question is..
1. What can I do to remove the errors?
2. What if I 301 redirect all those links to my home page? Will that bring me some page rank ?

1. What can I do to remove the errors?

You don't have to do anything. Eventually they will drop out of the index naturally.

2. What if I 301 redirect all those links to my home page? Will that bring me some page rank ?

Possibly but not necessarily, though it's a good a good idea anyway. If those pages are indexed by Google, you may as well get the traffic from the links to your site.

As google crawls the web it will find links to your site thru very odd linking text.

If you start redirecting these pages by 301, your .htaccess will be filled up in a day or two. So don't bother about them.

As google crawls the web it will find links to your site thru very odd linking text.

If you start redirecting these pages by 301, your .htaccess will be filled up in a day or two. So don't bother about them.

:confused:

What do you mean? Redirecting pages doesn't "fill up" an .htaccess file... ????

It will improve your website quality in Google's eye anyway but don't just do this if some of these crawl errors are related to the URL you are redirecting people to.

banners
Back