The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Help with Explaining What and how this work and any video or articles to explain

Ok so i got several things running and now I am trying to run direct traffic offers just to see if things work as they were supposed do.
and learn a bit about paid traffic in general.

and I am stuck with these URLs and postbacks(i don't know if this is postback)

Affiliate network provides this link ending with =eyJ&si1=&si2= and (you can put yours sub ids to params "si1" and "si2")
What does that mean? where can I learn more about this links and params etc?
while traffic network is providing macros for link

{bma_campaign_id} - Campaign number
{bma_cpc} - CPC
{bma_source_3} - Source in XX-YY-ZZ format
{bma_source_2} - Source in XX-YY format
{bma_source_1} - Source in XX format
{bma_user-ip} - the user's IP address
{bma_user-geo} - User's country

like so and I don't get what means either.

do I make the link provided by the affiliate network into =eyJ&si1={bma_source_2}&si2={bma_source_3} and if so what does both of them mean?
I have nothing since I don't understand what to search for, could someone enlighten me please?

I believe what you are talking about is UTM source parameter. It's a set of parameters (mostly for your analytics use) that will identify a source of traffic for your own information.

example:

yoursite(dot)com/your-landingpage?campaignname=mycampaign&campaignsource=facebook&costthatyouhavepaidforthis=110usd

If someone visits this URL, your analytics software will save the parameters at the end of the url to categorize the traffic and for example assign it to sales on your site etc.

ok after a quick lookup i understand what that means.
but I still don't understand what does

{bma_source_3} - Source in XX-YY-ZZ format
{bma_source_2} - Source in XX-YY format
{bma_source_1} - Source in XX format

that mean?

Source in XX-YY will be sent back what is the source? and what is it in XX, XX-YY, and XX-YY-ZZ format?

banners
Back