The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help please on my game install campaign

stewmath

affiliate
Hi all

I joined yeahmobi yesterday and i ask my account manager for the top offers by volume and epc, there was a german google play game install offer, payout $2.10 with like an $0.14 epc so i thought ok this is a simple install offer, plenty of volume and a good epc so must be converting great.

Offer name: Desk Heroes
Payout: $2.10
EPC: $0.14

I looked on the preview link and i saw its got alot of 5 star reviews so it seems a good game with hundreds of thousands of installs, between 100,000 - 500,000 so pretty popular. I also saw that its its a Card Game so i noted this down for my traffic targetting category.

Traffic Source:
Airpush

Tracking:
Adsbridge

I setup a test campaign just with using the banners provided by yeahmobi for the offer, i setup 4 different creatives on the campaign (each a different size to split test them) and directing linking to the offer as its a google play install so thought it wouldn't need a landing page.

Targetting:
Version: 2.3 and up
Category: Games Games

Bidding: $0.02cpc

Now i left the campaign running yesterday, got 702 clicks, over $14 spend and not a single lead. Now i know i was using the banners on yeahmobi so there not the most amazing banners in the world but surely if its a card game and im running the banners within card game apps then i would at least expect some installs but i haven't had any.

Anybody have any tips/ideas please, anything i can change? I know getting my own banners made would help but as i said i should of atleast expected some installs because of the card game interest.

Anybody have any tips/ideas please, anything i can change? I know getting my own banners made would help but as i said i should of atleast expected some installs because of the card game interest.

Are you using a lander or are you sending them direct to the app install?

Have you looked at the data to determine if you are getting any bot traffic that needs to be blocked?

Are you targeting specific demographics?

Are you using a lander or are you sending them direct to the app install?

Have you looked at the data to determine if you are getting any bot traffic that needs to be blocked?

Are you targeting specific demographics?

When you say "targeting specific demographics" are you talking about a specific country?

Im direct linking to the offer as though its a google play download i thought it would have good trust etc.

In regards to targetting im using airpush network so all that targetting isnt there. I can only target country, carrier etc.

Im targetting germany. In app banners. All carriers but im tracking everything like publisher id, appid, device etc But there doesnt seem to be an option for wifi only In airpush.

I cant tell whats bot traffic to be able to block that. How can i tell??

Im direct linking to the offer as though its a google play download i thought it would have good trust etc.

Its all about targeting and sometimes landing pages. You need to split test.

In regards to targetting im using airpush network so all that targetting isnt there. I can only target country, carrier etc.

I don't think you are very familiar with AirPush Technology. You better take another look because they are touted as having amongst the best of targeting options for a RTB platform. I looked, and they have far more than you claim.

Im targetting germany. In app banners. All carriers but im tracking everything like publisher id, appid, device etc But there doesnt seem to be an option for wifi only In airpush.

many don't want to deal with WiFi i think. I am just now getting into mobile myself, it depends on the offer and the network.

I cant tell whats bot traffic to be able to block that. How can i tell??

With your tracker. Look for high traffic from a few sources and they are likely bots if you are not getting any conversions.

Weird i spent hours looking through the campaign settings yesterday and i didnt see anything with age, sex etc. Ill take another look.

Anyone got any cpi sort of landing pages i can modify for the offer??

What i can do is looking on facebook insights with interest in the game and look at the highest affinities. I can use them in my angles

I suppose this is your first campaign? Its a good thing that you have taken action, but there is a loong way to go.

Network EPC's doesnt mean that it will work for you. What if most of the users on the network use landing pages? The network can track only the clicks from the users that click on the button on the landing page. And the Conversion rate (CR) from a good landing page would be higher.

You sent 702 users and got zero conversion. if those 702 users came from a landing page the conversion rate would be probably higher. But of course, you would need to bring in way more than 702 users to your landing page to get 702 clicks.

I would normally suggest that you keep testing, but since you have zero conversions, make sure your targeting is right. Like if its a Google Play App and if you target iOS users, then there wont be any conversions.

If everything looks good, and if you want to, keep spending upto 20$ and see what happens. Run the offer in the evening hours only in the target country. 5pm onwards. Then when CR's pick up.

If you do not want to spend more, I would suggest you pick a lower payout offer. something less than 1$. Lower payout offers tend to convert more. Pick 5 offers with the same targeting and split test 5 of them. Some offers just do not work on some networks. There isn't much you can do about it.

Good luck.

I suppose this is your first campaign? Its a good thing that you have taken action, but there is a loong way to go.

Network EPC's doesnt mean that it will work for you. What if most of the users on the network use landing pages? The network can track only the clicks from the users that click on the button on the landing page. And the Conversion rate (CR) from a good landing page would be higher.

You sent 702 users and got zero conversion. if those 702 users came from a landing page the conversion rate would be probably higher. But of course, you would need to bring in way more than 702 users to your landing page to get 702 clicks.

I would normally suggest that you keep testing, but since you have zero conversions, make sure your targeting is right. Like if its a Google Play App and if you target iOS users, then there wont be any conversions.

If everything looks good, and if you want to, keep spending upto 20$ and see what happens. Run the offer in the evening hours only in the target country. 5pm onwards. Then when CR's pick up.

If you do not want to spend more, I would suggest you pick a lower payout offer. something less than 1$. Lower payout offers tend to convert more. Pick 5 offers with the same targeting and split test 5 of them. Some offers just do not work on some networks. There isn't much you can do about it.

Good luck.

Yeah its my first campaign , i am targetting the correct operating system on the traffic network, its an android only offer so im targetting android on airpush, im also only targetting version 2.3+ as i saw on google play the game is for android v2.3 and up.

I guess i will need to get a landing page put together, i will also get new banners as well

If the offer didnt even give you a single conversion without a landing page, it is not going to improve even if you add a landing page.

Test a different offer. Test more offers.

ive moved onto another offer which a got 2 leads for but the volume doesnt seem to be there, to get more volume on the airpush i need to increase my cpc to something stupid, which would more and likely lead to a negative roi campaign

MI
Back