The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[help] new cpa project -- need some ideas guys!

iRunThis

affiliate
Hey everybody,

this is my first post here as I've just found out about this forum. I have been around the Warrior Forum for a while dabbling in different areas and fields of I.M. CPA was one of the first fields that I ever got into, and the most fun as well. I did make money with CPA but it was only $30, that's because of the method that I was using, the traffic died out very quickly. I was about 15 or 16 while doing this and I used shady bum marketing (copying people's YT videos and reposting them under different accounts with my direct link in the description). I wouldn't advise this to anyone though. I've done a lot of growing up in the past 3 years. :rolleyes:

That's my little introduction. Now let's get into the question(s).

I'm planning on starting a website, a blog most likely, and monetizing it with CPA offers. I'm stuck right now though. It's been so long since I've even attempted CPA and back when I did, it was email submit offers for an ipod touch. What I need from you guys, is to help me come up with an offer to promote, or even a niche. I'm not too sure whether I want this to be an authority blog, or a specific niche and offer related blog. What I do know is that I plan on getting traffic via SEO in the long run and while it is climbing the rankings I will be doing bum marketing again, the right way this time ;) which should also help in my SEO efforts.

My only problem is I don't know which direction to head in with this blog. I really wanted to dive into email/zip submits again, only because in my mind since I've had success with it, that's the only thing that works. I know this isn't true but I would feel the most secure going that route. With that being said though, it might be better for me to step out of my comfort zone and steer clear of email/zip submits. Or maybe throw them in as a "bonus" for reading my blog post every now and then but not making them the main CPA offer that the blog focuses on.

I hope I didn't ramble on too much. I really need you guys help with this one, but it will be a success, I won't stop until it is. So in order for you guys to help me out, feel free to ask me any questions you would like to ask, because I probably left out some important details in this post. Right now, I just want to get everything out there in the open. I haven't even gotten any responses yet but I already feel like you guys that are going to post and help me out along the way are already a big part of my CPA success.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

Ask yourself what you enjoy? what are your hobbies? these things are going to be so much more easier to write about! Pick something you enjoy and enjoy writing the content.

K has hit the nail on the head there, you need to pick something you will enjoy writing about if you are going down the blog route.

Have a think, do some research and the look at getting it live. You can look at monetization in the process but definitely don't pick something if you aren't going to enjoy it, the quality won't be the same and you will struggle to find motivation.

Thanks for the input guys.

Wouldn't I sacrifice a lot of profit potential if I make a random blog about my interests instead of making a blog based around specific offers?

Jay

Thanks for the input guys.

Wouldn't I sacrifice a lot of profit potential if I make a random blog about my interests instead of making a blog based around specific offers?

Jay
That depends on what your interests are...read the SEO guide in the newbie 411 and see how i pick a general interest of with some offers!

That depends on what your interests are...read the SEO guide in the newbie 411 and see how i pick a general interest of with some offers!

Yeah I read it before I PM'd you on Warrior Forum. Your example in that was football as an interest and betting as the offer. Does that really work though?! Does the traffic that you really get for a football blog actually click on the betting ads?

What did you guys think about my blog about my idea for a blog about getting deals with groceries or something along the lines of that. Something like therealdeals dot com (example) and posting free email/zip submits on something like that.

I'm really considering going with the 2nd option and also utilizing aweber to build a list of people looking to get emailed free offers weekly or something like that. The only thing that worries me about a site like that, would it be able to rank in google as easily as, say, a blog about health? I won't just be spamming the page with free offers lol I'll actually type informative articles on how to find the best deals on stuff like clothes, groceries, etc. Therefore, targeting people who don't have all the money in the world. Most of these people would be interested in a chance to win a $1,000 visa gift card or a $500 gas card, or anything for free, for that matter.

In theory, it's a great idea, well, In my mind. I wanted to know what you guys thought about this.

P.s. I'm probably going to be removing this post once I get the information that I need because I am giving up a lot of information in this thread and if it is a good idea, I don't want anybody to beat me to it.

Go for it man, just make sure you don't dry out of content doing something you don;t like - it could end up putting you off SEO if you don't see fast results...but sure it can work man!

Good luck.

You can monetize anything with some outside of the box thinking and if you enjoy it you are going to be on to a winner.

Sometimes it is better to jump in and test the waters instead of thinking too much. There will be people out there already doing something like this but never let it put you off or don't be afraid of someone 'beating you to it', there is enough traffic to go around, it will just be some added competition that is needed to ensure you strive to create a better website.

Good luck with it, make sure you keep us posted and ask us for any advice along the process.

banners
Back