The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Help in adult campaign

Guilherme

Hi guys!

I need some help in my firts campaign!
I have read all the recommendations made in my presentation and some other journeys.

First, i would like to share some facts about me.

I'm from Brazil and work in half time with affiliate market. I dont have much money to spend in one single month because the conversion REAL(local money) X USD is very expensive. 1USD = 3,20 REAL + CC tax approximately. My montlhly budget is 200USD or less includind the tools ( Tracker and others.)

but, lets go!

I am advertising an adult product for the Spanish market. The sale of this product is concluded by phone call (hold). The EPC released by the affiliate network is 0.51USD.

For this campaign I created 6 different banners and using 2 LP recomended by my AM.
My sorce traffic is ero-adv. In 5 days running this campaign, i have 470,965 impressions and 1,607 clicks, spend 10 usd day.

With these numbers I could not get any phone call(hold).

What do you recommend me?

Hey Guilherme,

let´s check out first what your tools are before I go deeper in the details.

first of all it looks that your ads have a not too high CTR. now it depends if you are going CPM or CPC there.

What tracker are you using and what tokens ?

Is your landingpage right away showing the phonenumber or do you request any action from a user (something like a click to see the number).

If you give me that information I can possibly give you some help or idea how to optimize such a campiagn.

first of all it looks that your ads have a not too high CTR. now it depends if you are going CPM or CPC there

I'm using CPM, all the banners I've created are with a similar CTR. The LP is an advertorial and according to the data of the network of affiliates, all the visits of the LP were sent to offer.

What tracker are you using and what tokens ?

i'm using Adsbridge and the tokens are: domainid, domain, criative, spaceid, campaignid and country.

Is your landingpage right away showing the phonenumber or do you request any action from a user (something like a click to see the number).

In the LP, the user has to click to go to the offer, in the sales page the user have to register the name and phone to receive a call to complete the purchase. The user may or may not complete the purchase in the phone call. Only the name and phone dont complete the sale.

When a user registers his name and phone is registered as HOLD and after the call he either becomes a lead (sale completed) or canceled.

I'm using CPM, all the banners I've created are with a similar CTR. The LP is an advertorial and according to the data of the network of affiliates, all the visits of the LP were sent to offer.

i'm using Adsbridge and the tokens are: domainid, domain, criative, spaceid, campaignid and country.

In the LP, the user has to click to go to the offer, in the sales page the user have to register the name and phone to receive a call to complete the purchase. The user may or may not complete the purchase in the phone call. Only the name and phone dont complete the sale.

When a user registers his name and phone is registered as HOLD and after the call he either becomes a lead (sale completed) or canceled.

ok that sounds already quite good exept the CPM.

i will tell you a bit about my philosophy before we are going in technical things.

for my idea there are all kind of buyers on all sites in the world.
as soon as you use CPM you have to limit the sources to those sites who might be the most relevant for you. but on the other hand you will not reach potential buyers what are on pages with not that much relevance because your scatter loss is too high on that sites when you have to pay the impression.

another thing what takes here effect is the circumstance that CPM advertisers want the click no matter how. that leads to a competition of fake banners what are actually high clicked but bad convert.

for my opinion a banner should be the FIRST and most important FILTER. because as clearer your banner tells about your product behind as higher is the chance that people who are clicking are REALLY interessted in your product.
that is why i would ALWAYS prefer CPC and not CPM and i would rather pay more for a click to get enough impressions.

the second and even more important thing is a mathematical issue.
99,9% of all advertisers and media buyers are optimizing on conversions.
to get a sufficient number of this conversions you always have a quite easy formula.
for that formula you need to know on HOW many clicks you need a conversion - you need the number of ads and the number of landingpages and you need the number 6 (at least) perfect would be 10.

let´s say the number where you need a conversion is 100 - so the formula would be

6 (ads) x 2 (LPs) x 100 x 6 = 7200 clicks AT LEAST to get (in the absulute perfect case) 72 optimizing informations.
if you use more landers and more banners the number is MUCH higher.

but in reality you will not have this 72 informations because in the start of a campaign you will not be able to reach your goal and it will be maybe only 30 or 40 informations you have.

up to here I hope is everything understandable because now we are getting a bit more complicated, because what we need are MORE informations. and we can find them in the 99% clicks what did NOT convert.

remember? in the very first example we had 7200 clicks and 72 sales that means, if you optimize the other way round you will have 7128 informations you can use.

but here is also not the complete answer because any kind of advertising you can imagin as a few doors in row.
and here is ONE THING 1000000% SURE and this is: ONLY the one who went through the FIRST door can come out from the last.

that leads you to another smart way to optimze:

imagin - if a user is clicking an ad he is doing that with an expectation. if he can´t find what he expected on the VERY FIRST VIEW on your lander, he will leave your landingpage right away.
and this user WILL NEVER COME OUT FROM THE LAST DOOR !!!!

and what that means i will calculate for you next:

lets say your conversion rate based on clicks is 1:200 but now we check another number and we will find out that from this 200 people where leaving your landingpage 160 immediately - that significates that your REAL conversion based on INTERESSTED buyers was 1:40.

if you are now optimizing the communication between your banner and your lander and get only 120 people jumping off right away it will lead you to the DOUBLE conversion quote (in fact in reality a bit less).

and that brings you to a very other idea of optimizing because you need the information LONG BEFORE the sale.

i have done that with one page landers where was not a click nessecary. What I did was to implement a php counter what send the postback after 12 seconds of open page. if the page was closed before no postback was send.
but as you have an "action" on your lander you can send this postback information on the click (in adbridge you can use here instead of direct offer a landingpage flow where you can see the CTR rate of this first important click).

now last not least i will give you some hints HOW you can optimize this communication between an ad and a landingpage.

1. if you use an animated banner - try to use a slower and a faster animation speed.
especially when you use animation what completes a first information in more steps there is also a fist rule
exsiting: Cheap product for lower IQ needs slow animation. Expensive products for high IQ groups need faster
animation. Researches have shown, that lower IQ gruops are not able to read that fast and they will miss the
information. Higher IQ groups are reading a lot faster and will not wait for the rest of the information if it is too
slow.

2. Give you ad and lap the SAME cooporate identity. User same colours (and really same because the human
subconsciousness is able to distinguish between very unobvious colors.
Use the same font. Use a logo or even a face on BOTH ends.

3. if you are using different banner formats it is hard to get a line in all of them. so make designs for sqare and
rectangle and do not crop stuff. it will kill the CI in most cases.

4. as you said you use ero-advertising I am pretty sure you are in adult.
If you use personality in your ads (i.e women pictures) keep in mind that this picture attracted a user to click.
He should see THIS women again on the lander.

So now I wrote already more as I wanted and could still go on and on but I do not want to overdrive you on that.
Just read it again and again and if you do not understand a point, do not hesitate to ask.

greetings
Thommy

Last edited:
I would start looking for other offers... this one sounds like time wasting.

Look for DCB 1 click flows.
What is DCB? I searched for this acronym and didnt find it.
And I'm thinking of starting a new campaign from scratch. Try basic offers to get more experience.

the second and even more important thing is a mathematical issue.
99,9% of all advertisers and media buyers are optimizing on conversions.
to get a sufficient number of this conversions you always have a quite easy formula.
for that formula you need to know on HOW many clicks you need a conversion - you need the number of ads and the number of landingpages and you need the number 6 (at least) perfect would be 10.

let´s say the number where you need a conversion is 100 - so the formula would be

6 (ads) x 2 (LPs) x 100 x 6 = 7200 clicks AT LEAST to get (in the absulute perfect case) 72 optimizing informations.
if you use more landers and more banners the number is MUCH higher.

This second number 6. Is it a fixed number of the formula? 6 (ads) x 2 (LPs) x 100 x 6 = 7200

1. if you use an animated banner - try to use a slower and a faster animation speed.
especially when you use animation what completes a first information in more steps there is also a fist rule
exsiting: Cheap product for lower IQ needs slow animation. Expensive products for high IQ groups need faster
animation. Researches have shown, that lower IQ gruops are not able to read that fast and they will miss the
information. Higher IQ groups are reading a lot faster and will not wait for the rest of the information if it is too
slow.
That is amazing! I had read something similar but never thought of applying at the speed of an advertisement.

2. Give you ad and lap the SAME cooporate identity. User same colours (and really same because the human
subconsciousness is able to distinguish between very unobvious colors.
Use the same font. Use a logo or even a face on BOTH ends.

Here is something that thought the opposite! Change the color, font, and visual identity completely so as not to be identified with the same ad.

@thommy Thanks for sharing these tips and experience. Im going to pause my campaign and do a new planning.

This second number 6. Is it a fixed number of the formula? 6 (ads) x 2 (LPs) x 100 x 6 = 7200

in that case the number 6 represents a minimum of 600 informations what comes from the professional market and opinion research. the formula is a bit tricky and too complicated but more or less it shows you the value of inaccuracy
of different fall numbers i.e

100 informations = 10,0
300 informations = 5,8
500 informations = 4,5
1.000 informations = 3,2
2.000 informations = 2,2

In the scientific market and opinion research, one has reached 600 as the smallest case with statistical value

That is amazing! I had read something similar but never thought of applying at the speed of an advertisement.

In advertising research (and nothing else is affiliate marketing) you are moving in the world of quantum physics. Smallest causes can produce the greatest effect. But you can´t go endless into the deep - that´s why there is always a point in which naked numbers win over interpretation.
But god thanks that we can find sometimes such quants by accident and experience.

Here is something that thought the opposite! Change the color, font, and visual identity completely so as not to be identified with the same ad.

imagin someone tells you how good mac donalds is but you never have been there. he shows you a picture of the logo and ronald mac donald. on your way to that place they are changing the colors and throw ronald to the garbitch.
how long would you search for it before giving up?
in internet that desicion is done in a millisecond.

@thommy Thanks for sharing these tips and experience. Im going to pause my campaign and do a new planning.[/QUOTE]

if you need help or hints - just let me know.

Hello there!
We work with LATAM, including Brazil, a lot, many direct offers. Those extremely popular today are 1-click direct billing offers already mentioned in the thread. This is what works great with your traffic source, too. If you feel like trying it, let me know, I will be happy to help. Anyway, have a good luck whatever you choose ;)

Last edited:
MI
Back