The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Hello Future Friends And Affiliates

Jeff221

My name is Jeff and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and hope to find someone that will help me after spending all my money on crap and never making my first dime these last 8 months.

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. In part it's because lots of people who are trying to sell you junk, make it sound like its easy to get rich in your underwear if only you knew their special secret trick. Not true. It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started. We don't allow anyone to try to sell you anything and we don't try to sell you anything either, so it's pure good intentioned advice.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

Hi, Jeff, glad you joined us. It seems regardless of what program you buy or technique you follow, the key is still hard work. Not saying you haven't been working hard, but have you really focused your attention on one thing and really done it well and followed it through? Plain old perseverance will pay off eventually, unless, of course, you are doing something that isn't actually effective for anyone. Can you tell us a bit about what you've been doing? We'd be glad to help you.

Well, maybe you can tell us what you tried and we can perhaps give you some pointers. Hopefully you can just tweak a little and not have to reinvent he wheel that way.

And, oh, welcome!

Thank you all, and I just wrote a whole bunch about what I have been through but I don't know where it went to,lol. Now don't think oh no we got our work it out for us now,I just don't know much about these forums.

I've been disable from a accident for a few years now,long enough to have lost everything I had been trying to live on this fixed income when I was used to a lot more is just ridiculous.So in May 2009 I thought I would try to go online to get my income back. Well I don't have to tell you guys what came next,but I will.

I bought e-books and other things that promised me my income back only to lose almost $500 I didn't have.I know that don't sound like much but when you live on a fixed income like mine its huge.

Then I just didn't trust anyone,but I just knew that was meant for me IT was my way back to a good life and I still think it is and I wont stop,ever! I just wish I was about 25 years younger or I wish I had a friend who knew it.But I don't.

I have heard that you could get help in these forums but by the way others had treated me I just didn't believe it,so I just said I would teach myself and I have learned a lot but I just don't know what to do first and what to do after that and so on.

With all that being said if there is anyone out there you guys know that might help me I would be more than grateful for some help.I just feel ashamed to ask almost. I have never had to ask for help from anyone before,but I have helped a lot of people in my time,I just cant believe I cant do this.In return I will help a lot of people now ,because I don't mind helping others,its just I just never though I would need it or have to ask for it.Well this is part of my story folks now I ll just see if this works. Thanks to all of you in advance Your Friend Jeff221

Well, maybe you can tell us what you tried and we can perhaps give you some pointers. Hopefully you can just tweak a little and not have to reinvent he wheel that way.

And, oh, welcome!

Jeff221 Thank you all, and I just wrote a whole bunch about what I have been through but I don't know where it went to,lol. Now don't think oh no we got our work it out for us now,I just don't know much about these forums.

I've been disable from a accident for a few years now,long enough to have lost everything I had been trying to live on this fixed income when I was used to a lot more is just ridiculous.So in May 2009 I thought I would try to go online to get my income back. Well I don't have to tell you guys what came next,but I will.

I bought e-books and other things that promised me my income back only to lose almost $500 I didn't have.I know that don't sound like much but when you live on a fixed income like mine its huge.

Then I just didn't trust anyone,but I just knew that was meant for me IT was my way back to a good life and I still think it is and I wont stop,ever! I just wish I was about 25 years younger or I wish I had a friend who knew it.But I don't.

I have heard that you could get help in these forums but by the way others had treated me I just didn't believe it,so I just said I would teach myself and I have learned a lot but I just don't know what to do first and what to do after that and so on.

With all that being said if there is anyone out there you guys know that might help me I would be more than grateful for some help.I just feel ashamed to ask almost. I have never had to ask for help from anyone before,but I have helped a lot of people in my time,I just cant believe I cant do this.In return I will help a lot of people now ,because I don't mind helping others,its just I just never though I would need it or have to ask for it.Well this is part of my story folks now I ll just see if this works. Thanks to all of you in advance Your Friend Jeff221

Jeff,

You have the right attitude in passing on the help. Early in my affiliate career I was helped by a prominent person in this business and all he wanted in return was that I play it forward, to help others. It's lead me along a wonderful and profitable path.

So, the best place to start is with all the free information here in the newbie forum paying close attention to the Sticky posts. Then, once you get some ideas you try it out, you experiment. It is common to fail, but the ones that make it in this business use their failures as learning experiences.

The great thing is you can ask questions here as you go along. Don't expect to do it all your first time. Start small and expand.

Welcome to 5Star Jeff. Sounds like you have a lot of the mechanics but need to actually apply. I am sure the newbie threads have more information for you, read them and then you more or less just have to get going a bit more.

I think for many the problem is stumbling over what niche to choose. I get a lot of emails from people saying - "How do I find a good niche". When you are getting started best advice is to pick what you are passionate about. Sounds easy if you've been in business a while but for many newbies I think they sometimes have trouble translating passion into niche.

For anyone stuck I tell them to do this. Imagine that after 7 days straight of 12-14 hour work days, you will have a week off - what would you want to do (besides sleep) ?

Would you want to catch up on movies? golf? camp? visit museums? read? listen to music? bake? cook? paint? go to a sports event? watch a sports event from home? home repair? photography? garden? work on ways to conserve energy in the home?...

Once you determine that you have a passion! If you want, narrow that down or just leave it as a more general niche, everyone has a different thought on that. (As you gain experience you will find it easier to narrow down a niche.) Remember -every passion has products so there is no right or wrong niche. Also some may be more competitive than others.

OK, that sounds like great advice from the both of you and a good place to start.Thanks to everyone and I'll try not to be to much of a bother.lol

MI
Back