The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hello from Laurent - Founder @ TrackingDesk

trackingdesk

Hello Everyone
I'm Laurent, founder of TrackingDesk. I've been involved in the performance marketing industry for the past 17 years. Started with dating, followed with a bit of adult then joined a VC for a few years. This last job led me to the gambling industry - dont laugh, our VC didn't gamble:) After managing one of the largest gambling affiliate program for 5 years, i setup my own venture which I sold about over 2 years ago, I decided to get back to the basics to try to solve something that had been a pain, for my co-workers, clients, affiliates and pretty much everyoe I worked with. And i'm not talking obviously about tracking. Tracking is a piece of the puzzle which needs to fit in a much bigger picture.
Workflows, technical barriers, integrations, optimization, automation, dynamics, analytics, dashboards etc... all of these aspects of our job needs to be perfectly synced with each others in order to allow us to to perform well and catch up with the large enterprises and agencies.
Last but not least, one of the unique things about affiliate marketing is that we all have our own little cocktail of tactics and games that give us an edge, that allow us to cross bridges and reach our goals.
This is what my goal was, when I decided to build TrackingDesk.

Aside from this, I'm the father of 3, swiss born and educated, living in Tel Aviv, tennis player, snowboarder and I fancy good food, company and from time to time, when I see an interesting tech idea, I will get back to my old job and provide seed investment and some advices.

While I get plenty of emails everyday and it's sometimes hard to follow up with everyone, I normally get through my mailbox at the end of the day.

So if you have questions or need advice on something related to our line of work, don't hesitate to shoot me an email!

Happy tracking
Laurent

Hello Everyone

Hello @trackingdesk , welcome to AffiliateFix! Great to have you join us.

I'm Laurent, founder of TrackingDesk. I've been involved in the performance marketing industry for the past 17 years. Started with dating, followed with a bit of adult then joined a VC for a few years. This last job led me to the gambling industry - dont laugh, our VC didn't gamble:) After managing one of the largest gambling affiliate program for 5 years, i setup my own venture which I sold about over 2 years ago, I decided to get back to the basics to try to solve something that had been a pain, for my co-workers, clients, affiliates and pretty much everyoe I worked with. And i'm not talking obviously about tracking. Tracking is a piece of the puzzle which needs to fit in a much bigger picture.
Workflows, technical barriers, integrations, optimization, automation, dynamics, analytics, dashboards etc... all of these aspects of our job needs to be perfectly synced with each others in order to allow us to to perform well and catch up with the large enterprises and agencies.
Last but not least, one of the unique things about affiliate marketing is that we all have our own little cocktail of tactics and games that give us an edge, that allow us to cross bridges and reach our goals.
This is what my goal was, when I decided to build TrackingDesk.

Aside from this, I'm the father of 3, swiss born and educated, living in Tel Aviv, tennis player, snowboarder and I fancy good food, company and from time to time, when I see an interesting tech idea, I will get back to my old job and provide seed investment and some advices.

While I get plenty of emails everyday and it's sometimes hard to follow up with everyone, I normally get through my mailbox at the end of the day.

So if you have questions or need advice on something related to our line of work, don't hesitate to shoot me an email!

Happy tracking
Laurent

That's a load of experience! You've got a treasure trove of awesome experience I am certain the members are going to love.

Looking forward to putting this to the test. Great reviews so far in our Resources area.

Check out the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Good Luck

T J

Welcome! Glad to see you took advantage of our Business Centre! You will get more exposure there.

17 yrs? Well, I hope you take the time tell us about your experiences!

Thanks @AF-Roger and @tjtutor for your feedback and I certainly hope to have a positive contribution to the forum.

Don't hesitate to hit me with questions or invite me to threads where you feel that I can give my 2cts.

Will definitely check out the DOJO!

Hello Laurent,

I am really interested in reading some case studies , stories from you.

I have also visited your website of TrackingDesk and i would like to ask you, what more does it offer from Google Analytics other than helping get rid of the technical integration of new sources.

Thanks !

Hello Konstantin - Best you can do to get more acquainted with our service is go through our blog so you get a feeling of what we do, what we do it for and who is likely to benefit from it. Our site obviously describes the software and its features, but the blog addresses very specific cases and pinpoint some angles of the business that can trigger some interests.

Google analytics vs Trackingdesk
I am flattered to be compared to google analytics, it would be pretentious of me to actually try to draw a comparison between the services.

I believe (and i welcome anyone here to correct me) that both software serve very different purposes.

Google analytics tells you in a very granular manner a lot of information about a lot of metrics and elements driving traffic and actions on your site while TrackingDesk actually lets you manage the traffic coming to your site, redirect it according to rules, criterias, parameters and metrics, to pools of offers while collecting, aggregating, processing traffic analytics and attributing conversions /revenues to the previously collected data.

I must say that I'm not very happy with this definition as both google analytics and trackingdesk cover a lot more grounds, each in its own field, but I hope it's enough to simply say: services are totally different and only a tiny portion of their features can be compared.

Hope that helps.

MI
Back