The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Have an email list. PPC program suggestions?

Mr. Plan B

What would you suggest to a person who has a niche or generic email list.
Mix of opt in as well as bought and bartered.
The size of the email list is over 100k.
Suggestions of making money off the list?

You cannot lawfully use email for marketing that you have purchased or bartered for. You can only market to those that have opted into your list(s) and most email services are going to require that you can prove they are your lists.

I am not always for the idea of having to buy an email list. It usually has several ups and downs and therefore you can not fully utilize it. One thing I know is that creating your own list is the best thing you can ever do. The reason is that you will be sure of the members on the list and thus avoid the situation where you have a list that has dormant members. It is an area that we have failed as email marketers.

I am not always for the idea of having to buy an email list. It usually has several ups and downs and therefore you can not fully utilize it. One thing I know is that creating your own list is the best thing you can ever do. The reason is that you will be sure of the members on the list and thus avoid the situation where you have a list that has dormant members. It is an area that we have failed as email marketers.
What if the list is Optin and has the IP address, URL and the time stamp?

What country or countries are most of the people in? What have you done already with this audience?

I think everyone has said it well.

Different countries have different rules about optins and the penalties for breaking those laws can be really steep. For example, any emails to or from a computer in Canada MUST be double opt-in; in the U.S., I think it's single optin.

Fines for breaking that rule in Canada can be up to a million dollars.

Not worth it.

I think everyone has said it well.

Different countries have different rules about optins and the penalties for breaking those laws can be really steep. For example, any emails to or from a computer in Canada MUST be double opt-in; in the U.S., I think it's single optin.

Fines for breaking that rule in Canada can be up to a million dollars.

Not worth it.

What if the auto responder is based in the European Union?

What if the auto responder is based in the European Union?

I don't know about other countries but CASL (the Canadian email law) states that it has to be DOI if it's going to or coming from any computer in Canada.

banners
Back