The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Has someone copied your site?

Paul,

I know what your talking about. One of mine has been "copied" as well. I also found that some sites I trade links with place my site inside a frame which is worthless for PR. Whats your take on that?

Eric

Eric,

The, "Framed" traffic could be legit traffic from sources such as, "AskJeeves.com". (Framed traffic isn’t all that bad, plus I’ll give you a, “Framebuster†script if you need it).

In my experience, dealing with thieves, it's always some, "newbie" and all you need to do is contact them, with a short e-mail. If they don't respond, contact their host, their advertisers or anyone whom links to them (Go to google, type, "links: http://www.theidiotwhomstoleyourwording.com).

I have many tools, which led me to a, "Hate site IMHO, (http://www.badbadapple.com) Yes, the coward has cleaned up his act, but the savvy ones know how to find his, "Malicious" content, “Cachedâ€Â).

Peace to all.

Hope this helps.

Paul

If you find that your website is copied, what can you do about it? Is there any way to ensure that your website gets ranked higher than copied site? Like getting a lot of inbound links and get high PR?

Reporting to google is a good first step. Make them aware of the problem so your site does not get penalized.

IMHO, don't waste your time contacting Google or any other search engine. Unless you like waiting 3-6 months for...nevermind.

If they've posted the website at a forum, try and find what network they've posted it from.

If the network happens to be their workplace, so be it, contact the network, which has fraudulent activities taking place via their network. Call the SOB out. If you have proof, and the fraudster is posting from his work, odds are his BOSS will have a sit down with him/her (Hi! You know who)

Also, contact the fraudster's advertisers.

Also, stay on top of the MF day in and day night, in between making pages, as scammers love to work off the radar (Even though there are NEVER off the radar).

If anyone would like serious legal advice, contact an attorney.

Best of Luck!

Paul

Another downside to your site being copied is that google will penalise you for duplicate content :(

Temi

Temi,

Not necessarily...

I have tons of pages, for a few sites, which have pretty much the same content but only made for advertising tracking purposes.

For instance, say I want to track traffic I receive from, "Temi's site". I want to see how that traffic performs, helping me to make an informed decision whether to continue advertising. So I have my reg site, www.paulswebsite.com, but advertise on your site with, www.paulswebsite.com/temissite. Same content yet used for tracking purposes.

So Google goes out a spidering www.temissite.com...

BAM! They see www.paulswebsite.com/temissite. Does that tick off King Googlebot? I mean, it is basically the same content, just a different URL. Well, not in my experience.

Also, I have several pages, which the initial content is the same, yet I promote a different site/theme at the top or bottom. In this case, yes, there is duplicate content, but most important, there is also UNIQUE content. Unique from the other pages, that is.

If one builds some really cool widget site and expects his/her index page to be listed high for all of the search terms relating to widgets, then this poor person will be very disappointed, IMO, with their results.

There are tons of different kinds of widgets, with tons of keywords relating to these tons of different kinds of widgets. It’s not unheard of, to make different pages, describing/promoting these different kinds of widgets, and still have some duplicate content from other pages within the site.

This is only from my own personal experience. And yes, it is a bit more complex than this, so do your own DD.

Hope this helps.

Paul

So basically, watch your back and be as aware as possible. Thats a lot of good info from all of you, thanks for sharing it :wink: I know it will help me in the future.

More...

Nice, I learn a lot now. Post some more information, i think that will be utile for all of us.

Ovi

banners
Back