The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Has Facebookgone mad?

jims45

Beware guys, I just had an ad disapproved by Facebook because it "violates their conditions by depicting someone with an ideal body shape" ???? What exactly is that?
The photo in question is of a slim woman holding an apple and the ad was for weight loss.
Sorry if I am breaking any rules posting this here but if you are thinking of running Facebook ads be aware the T&C'S are draconian.:mad::mad:

Last edited:
Yes, unfortunately FB is really quite picky about approving ads about weight lost products, for some reason or another. I believe it mostly has to do with the "claims" that many of these products make.

Also, it depends on the person reviewing your ad much of the time as well...maybe they're cranky that day etc. I know that sounds silly, but...that's the story apparently anyway.

i've found you may show neither a person who looks to be in shape or out of shape (and not even excessively). so you pretty much cannot show the human figure at all if your ad is weight loss related.

actually i have discovered that what FB really seems to object to is the depiction of anything that suggests the theme is weight loss. i tried to show someone standing on scales. the image only showed the feet of the person and that ad was denied for "ideal body shape" objections. so it obviously wasn't the body they objected to, since it was missing. it was the depicted act of weighing yourself.

Update! I complained about this and eventually had a reply from Facebook. Guess what...my ad has been approved!
Common sense prevailed it seems:)

MI
Back