The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Guide to Run Mobile Campaigns in INDIA.

codejacks

Few people were discussing on running a campaign for Mobile in India and most of them suggested run in Hindi, India campaign and Hindi?? You must be crazy.

For those who really want to target India here are my 10 tips.

1. India is a multilingual country.
2. Only 30-40% of Indians have Mobiles, that too smartphones.
3. People who use Android to iPhones are 95:5, due to cost of phones.
4. Android phones are available in the range of from $50+, so its affordable for even uneducated citizens.
5. 35% of Phone holders in India are uneducated.
6. People dont click on linguistic ads on mobile.
7. Getting people to pay or subscribe in India is very very difficult.
8. People prefer something like 'Free','Easy Money', 'Free Mobile Talktime recharge','Flipkart coupon code','Snapdeal coupon code','Big Bazar cashback offer'
9. Better clicked are images, people dont read ads and most educated people cancel/close them immediately.
10. A housewife plays candy crush for timepass always. :)

Hope this helps most of them who want to target my sweet India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for tips, they are very cool indeed.
Do you prefer running CPI in India?

great tips, very useful for IN newbies
what do you personally think of adult offers? as far as I can see by our stats, pretty-looking half-naked girls etc work great with IN as well, even better than some of the 'Easy Money', 'Free Mobile Talktime recharge','Flipkart coupon code' etc offers
also Indian movie stars attract so very much of users' attention

Hi all,

Kimia is expert in both adult and mainstream in India. I know adult is not specifically of interest to you @shreedharcva ... However its quite a strong local market :)

India has been in Kimias top 5 markets for the past years. We opened a local office to support the business growth.

Our colleagues in IN tell us that users are open to buying and ordering online. Theres an extended use of FB, even in rural areas, ecommerce is now booming. Basically, people are open and looking for new products and if your product is interesting, well marketed and well positioned compared to competitors, there are people ready to pay for it.

Thats what the team focuses on, finding the right offers/products for the current users.

BTW, saw this today, just an added news FYI :) Indus OS Raises $5M To Make Android Work For First-Time Smartphone Users In India

Few people were discussing on running a campaign for Mobile in India and most of them suggested run in Hindi, India campaign and Hindi?? You must be crazy.

For those who really want to target India here are my 10 tips.

1. India is a multilingual country.
2. Only 30-40% of Indians have Mobiles, that too smartphones.
3. People who use Android to iPhones are 95:5, due to cost of phones.
4. Android phones are available in the range of from $50+, so its affordable for even uneducated citizens.
5. 35% of Phone holders in India are uneducated.
6. People dont click on linguistic ads on mobile.
7. Getting people to pay or subscribe in India is very very difficult.
8. People prefer something like 'Free','Easy Money', 'Free Mobile Talktime recharge','Flipkart coupon code','Snapdeal coupon code','Big Bazar cashback offer'
9. Better clicked are images, people dont read ads and most educated people cancel/close them immediately.
10. A housewife plays candy crush for timepass always. :)

Hope this helps most of them who want to target my sweet India.
Great insights, also I like your integrity!

I thought its a real guide to start a campaign in India, great tips btw, misleading title, it should be something like "things to consider while setting up a campaign in India". Thanks for writing this.

Regards
IndeXer

Good tips... but regarding languages, can you clarify your tip ?

- Do you think we should use english ?
- Or do we need to use GPS coordinates in our MDSP campaigns to try to get more "local" and use local language ?

Thanks !

Cheers,

India Mobiles doesn't come with all language support and hence most of people use the normal english language for mobile interaction.
If you want to use Language , then it should be readable, I mean in BIG LETTERS.
If you want to use sounds, then better use some Indian local translators, rather than using Virtual Assistants or freelancers.
If you want to attract them to pay money, then target uneducated people with adult and money and greed.
Free lunch and booz will always be welcome.
The audience has a different tastes like
Educated and UnEducated.
Professionals and Labours.
Students and Parents.
In order to reach them, you need to create multiple angles.
That's why Pro's always create angles, the reason is simple, that
'All Animals dont eat RICE, only few humans like me do' hehehe.

No even you use India specific languages to scold them, they wont bother what is in that. Ha Ha Haa.
We Indians are the most accommodating people on this earth.

H
India Mobiles doesn't come with all language support and hence most of people use the normal english language for mobile interaction.
If you want to use Language , then it should be readable, I mean in BIG LETTERS.
If you want to use sounds, then better use some Indian local translators, rather than using Virtual Assistants or freelancers.
If you want to attract them to pay money, then target uneducated people with adult and money and greed.
Free lunch and booz will always be welcome.
The audience has a different tastes like
Educated and UnEducated.
Professionals and Labours.
Students and Parents.
In order to reach them, you need to create multiple angles.
That's why Pro's always create angles, the reason is simple, that
'All Animals dont eat RICE, only few humans like me do' hehehe.

Hi Shreed!

So the most appropriate is to use the English language in landing pages?

banners
Back