The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[Guide] How To Become An Email Rockstar Without Your Own List

Bloody Tourist

AffKit Ninja
Hey Ninja's

In this guide you'll discover step-by-step how to make money by sending emails, without having your own email list.

You will be renting HUGE email lists that other marketers already built for you. You only have to pay for the quality clicks you want to send to your offers in your chosen niche.

This is what you will need to start:
  • Advertiser account at AdClickMedia
  • Account at any CPA network
  • $150 budget (minimum is $25, but you need $150 to start an Email PPC campaign)
  • Domain and hosting (optional if you want to start building your own list)
Some info about AdClickMedia
This network has huge volume in ad impressions, but what’s more important for this guide is that they have over 60 million email addresses you can use for your campaigns.

Yes that’s correct 60+ million 100% email subscribers you can market to…

Offers/niches that work well with Email PPC
  • Internet Marketing
  • Make Money Online
  • Binary Options
  • Dating
  • Weightloss
  • Health & Beauty
As you can see these are pretty much the evergreen verticals. Personally I’ve had a lot of success promoting Binary Options with a make 'money online' angle. But this not something I would advise for a newbie, because conversion is really low (but the CPA can go up to $400). So you need a pretty big test budget for these kind of campaigns.

I also ran a very profitable campaign with a Clickbank offer in the internet marketing niche recently.

Allright… moving on to the good stuff! J

Step By Step Campaign Setup

Step 1 - Sign up

Step 2 - Pick your offer
Like I said, all the evergreen verticals work with PPC Email campaigns, but it’s probably a good idea to pick a niche that you’re comfortable with and have had success with in the past. It’s even better to use an offer that you’ve promoted before and has good conversions. If you’re a newbie, ask your AM for the top converting offers.

Stick with the niche you’re comfortable with until you become profitable, before testing other stuff. If you start hopping from niche to niche or from offer to offer you will fail. This is true for all CPA campaigns.

You could start with CPL offers (that don’t cost the subscriber anything) that convert easy. Like simple opt-in forms or freebies to get a feel for this kind of traffic.

IMPORTANT! - Always check if the offer accepts email marketing traffic. Most do but always check. If you’re not sure, check with your AM.

Step 3 - Select your audience
After you login to your advertiser account, you will see the dashboard. Click Create New Campaign

HpsiI7J.png

Next to where it says Email PPC Advertising click Start New Campaign

tHnLOx2.png

Now you should see all the lists and 3 filter options for categories.

vCwHBG6.png

When you click the first dropdown menu, you will see the average CPC for each category (or niche). Also you can see that there’s are more than 60 million subscribers, which is awesome!

The next step is to pick the categories that suit your offer. So if you picked a Biz-Op offer you would select Business Opportunity Seekers. You can add 2 more categories to increase your reach, but in this case almost 30 million subscriber should do it ;) After that click the View Lists button.

BiabFcl.png

You can only get to the next step when your account is funded. If you have insufficient funds in your account, clicking the Start Email Campaign button at the bottom of the page will take you to a page where you can fund your account.

vh4bF2H.png

You can fund your account via credit card. It’s also possible to fund it with PayPal, but AdClickMedia will manually add the funds to your account. If you want to use PayPal you can send the money to pay@adclickmedia.com and include your username. After that contact them with your receipt.

Remember the minimum is $150 to start a PPC Email Campaign.

Step 4 - Ad Contents
After you click the Start Email Campaign button you will see the Ad Contents screen.

uLoA1RU.png

Let’s do a quick walk through of the required fields…

Offer Name - This what the publisher (list owner) sees in their dashboard. Just put in the name of the offer as it is listed in your network.

Offer description - If you’re promoting a Biz-Op offer, you could just put Business Opportunity or just a short summary of the landing page contents. One or two sentences is sufficient.

Ad Subject line - This is probably the most important part of your campaign. This is the subject line that subscribers will see in their email client and will make them decide if they will open you email or not.

Ad Text Body - This is where you have to convince the subscriber to click your affiliate link that leads to the offer. Keep it short and have a good call to action.

Dojo members can check out my special guide How To Write Killer Subject Lines & Email Copy

=> Not a member of the Dojo? Sign up here and become a Ninja

Tip: Never use email swipes that you just copy and paste. Always change them up, so they are unique.

Ad Design Service - This a service that AdClickMedia provides if you don’t want to write your own copy. Choose NO unless you want them to write the copy for you, but I strongly recommend doing it yourself.

Landing Page URL - Here you have 3 options:
  1. Put in the direct link to the offer landing page
  2. Put in your tracking link (more on that in a minute)
  3. Put in the link to your own lander where you pre-sell or make them opt-in to your OWN list (more on that later)
Restrictions - Tell the publisher what the rules are for your offer. You can these from your network.

GEO-Targeting - Check your offer for allowed countries and select your targets.

Step 5 - Final Check aaaaand GO!
Double check your inputs and copy for spelling and typos. If it's all good click Submit For Approval. AdClickMedia will check your campaign and usually it gets approved within 48 hours. If you need to change anything they will tell you. After approving you can find your live campaign by clicking the Campaigns tab under Email PPC Ads.

Tracking (if you don’t have tracking software)
If you´re using tracking software like Voluum or AdsBridge obviously you should set up tracking for your campaigns but even if you don´t use tracking software you can still track conversions.

Just put the Conversion Tracking Code (pixel) in your CPA Network or on the thank you page.

y5FMu3I.png

yo30qz4.png

In addition to setting up your tracking pixel, it’s also a good idea to use a URL shortner that has some basic tracking features like Bit.ly or Goo.gl.

You can use this data to block non converting publishers.

Bonus: Build Your Own!
You all know that having your own email lists is a great asset. So why not run your email traffic through your own opt-in page?

I recommend to send them to the offer right after they put in their email address. So set your affiliate or tracking link as the thank you page in your email software like Aweber.

Final Thoughts
I strongly recommend starting out with CPL offers before going for CPS offers. Once you master that you will create a budget for testing CPS offers like Clickbank products.

I hope this guide about Email PPC traffic will help boost your profits. If you have any questions feel free to post them and will do my best to answer them.

Now start implementing and make some cash! ;)

Last edited:
@martini This is an awesome post. I didn't realize solo ads were available in this format too. Do you have any case studies you wouldn't mind sharing with us to get the creative juices flowing? Have you found the traffic to be more or less responsive than lists found places like Udimi, Safe-Swaps or individual sellers found on the Solo Ad Directory or in the Directory of Ezines?

$65-$69 per 100 clicks is on the higher end of the spectrum for places like those listed above, but if the traffic is converting then it's very worth it.

Do you find yourself mostly sending people to your own pages and using things like retargeting or do you test with direct linking first?

You also mentioned blocking targets when you talked about using tracking. Does that mean on your subsequent campaigns you can target individual providers on that step where you select the categories?

Sorry for all the questions but this has my wheels spinning...

P.S. The link to Adclick Media is broken.

@martini This is an awesome post. I didn't realize solo ads were available in this format too. Do you have any case studies you wouldn't mind sharing with us to get the creative juices flowing? Have you found the traffic to be more or less responsive than lists found places like Udimi, Safe-Swaps or individual sellers found on the Solo Ad Directory or in the Directory of Ezines?

$65-$69 per 100 clicks is on the higher end of the spectrum for places like those listed above, but if the traffic is converting then it's very worth it.

Do you find yourself mostly sending people to your own pages and using things like retargeting or do you test with direct linking first?

You also mentioned blocking targets when you talked about using tracking. Does that mean on your subsequent campaigns you can target individual providers on that step where you select the categories?

Here are the answers to your questions:

Do you have any case studies you wouldn't mind sharing with us to get the creative juices flowing?
Not yet, it takes time to write a good case study and time's short right now ;)

Have you found the traffic to be more or less responsive than lists found places like Udimi, Safe-Swaps or individual sellers found on the Solo Ad Directory or in the Directory of Ezines?
I have not used those sources, so I don't know

At first I tried direct linking, but now I just use my own LP (with or without optin)

No you block them in the campaign editor

No problemo dude :)

Yes you're right fixed the second link, cheers

Hope this helps.

Here are the answers to your questions:

Do you have any case studies you wouldn't mind sharing with us to get the creative juices flowing?
Not yet, it takes time to write a good case study and time's short right now ;)

Have you found the traffic to be more or less responsive than lists found places like Udimi, Safe-Swaps or individual sellers found on the Solo Ad Directory or in the Directory of Ezines?
I have not used those sources, so I don't know

At first I tried direct linking, but now I just use my own LP (with or without optin)

No you block them in the campaign editor

No problemo dude :)

Yes you're right fixed the second link, cheers

Hope this helps.

Hi Martini,

This is an awesome sharing, made me remembered renting emails back then and Solo ads :) . Thanks

In Addition, I have not really tried this, but I have tried solo ads alot and have not had much success in it compared to buying traffic myself and wouldnt advise it either unless you are building your own list. Regards

Hi Martini,

This is an awesome sharing, made me remembered renting emails back then and Solo ads :) . Thanks

In Addition, I have not really tried this, but I have tried solo ads alot and have not had much success in it compared to buying traffic myself and wouldnt advise it either unless you are building your own list. Regards
Yeah soloads are a different game. A lot of lists are worn out.

You want to invest 10,000 euros, first question why (whats the purpose of the investment)?

Secondly, why are you looking for offers ?

I think its better you come up with what interest you have, result you want to see and then the financial backing that can see that come alive.....

This is very cool. I'm looking to promote weight loss products via email marketing with my own list, how many emails do you think is good to start with?

Any Update or Result?
I created this guide 2 years ago and the last post is 1 year old. Since then I've moved on from sending emails to media buying.

I still have a couple of lists in different verticals, but I only use them to test certain offers.

Maybe other members can help you out with this.

banners
Back