The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Greetings

SarahT

Hi, I'm Sarah and work as an Affiliate Coordinator. I look forward to being an active member of your forum and learning the ins and outs of affiliate marketing.

Welcome to 5 Star, Sarah.

Thanks for joining us from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. We have a lot of members over there.

I am sure you will be able to learn the ins and outs of affiliate marketing here.

We look forward to your participation.

Sarah,

I also welcome you to this fourm. Like you I am new to the forum, but an old dog to the web, as a publisher.

Sarah what is an Affiliate Coordinator? Do you represent the affiliate network, merchant, or publisher?

I am sure you will find others with questions, and as for marketing if my experience will help you I am glad to share.

"Mushroom, I work on the merchant side of affiliate marketing."

Thanks for your answer, and I have a question for you.. accross the big pond do you pay based on click throughs, impressions, or pay on action only?

It seems to me it would be difficult to recognize false traffic, like clicks or impressions. As tough as it is the publisher still gets the short end of the stick if they are not compensated for the ad views. I am speaking of like a printed publication that runs a ad for a merchant.

My thought, and it is only my thought, publishers like myself need to charge based on space alone, not impressions, not clicks, not action, but ad size just like the printed publication.

Now I hope you understand this is a question I have asked local merchants here in the US, and on the most part they agree. The reason I am given they don't is they don't have to thanks to affiliate networks that give them tonnes of exposure for just about nothing compared to print. I would agree, for them, it is the right decision.

I look forward to swapping stories, and experiences.

Cheers

banners
Back