The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google using semantics maybe?

OldWelshGuy

affiliate
dialling canada from the uk - Google Search

A search for 'dialling canada from the UK' returns the question from google "do you mean CALLING canada from the UK"

I was going to blog about this but can't be bothered, so if someone wants to steal a march on this feel free, but it would be nice to cite UKWW and this post as the original source :)

Hum...Not sure if this will matter to you OldWelshGuy, but you have misspelled dialing.
So Google will NOT return anything if you write:
dialing canada from the uk
Unless we here in the USA misspell it :confused:

It is difficult to know if google is using stemming for this, or semantics.

Google is getting far better of late in understanding that UK English speakers, residing in the Uk do NOT want to have American bastardised English rammed down our throats as the 'correct possible spelling' EG optimisation )did you mean optimiZation) NO WE MEANT IT TO BE SPELLED CORRECTLY :D

And by the way, most anytime you take something, make it independent and wealthy -
it's an improvement...would you like to send another detachment of pilgrims our way :friends:

Actually I think it is Australias turn for Pilgrims, I believe it is your turn for the transportation of criminals to come to you :)

On a more serious note though I am VERY annoyed that Microsoft do not have a UK English pack for Vista Windows mail! I really can't believe they have not made this a priority :(

Every time get the US spell correction kick in, I get hot under the collar, and my face turns a bright red colour (or is that Color) LOL

OldWelshGuy said:
...and my face turns a bright red colour (or is that Color) LOL
LOL!
Is there any third party dictionaries you can use? For example, with Mozilla Thunderbird
(I refuse to use Micro$oft email programs), I can select from "other" dictionaries.
OldWelshGuy said:
I believe it is your turn for the transportation of criminals to come to you
Yes, my brother-in-law is here - so please...NO MORE :nono::scared: (joking...)

lol. The z's replacing s's always irks me! It comes up so often too with word processors, search engines and other tools we use everyday. Grrr.

Maybe you can petition your Queen to ordain a new law that all browser makers and
software developers of England must use a GB spell checker!

Sorry but i think you don't know the meaning LSI.

Read some articles

EXample of LSI- type "dir" you see all the result of "directory"

No other engine have that like strong semantic funda
Thanks

banners
Back