The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Google to sell Video online

temi

affiliate
Google is to start selling video online, offering a way for people to search for and buy TV shows and more through its site.
The web giant's co-founder Larry Page announced the service at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.

US network CBS is making shows like CSI and Star Trek available to buy online.

Google is the latest company to explore the idea of selling video on the net, following Apple who led the way with its iTunes online store.

source/full story: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4589884.stm

google is becoming bill gate's worse nightmare - a platform to launch rival services to microsfot's empire.

I'd like google and msn to be equal on the search engine market share, to protect webmasters and google to offer some services that would force MS to lower prices/develop better to compete. That'd help every consumer.

I've had a look at the google video site, and to be quite honest its awful.

They are going to need to bring the site's navigation/UI out of the dark ages if they are going to compete with apple. It is currently a dropdown list of shows and a search that doesn't work very well. Add to that the fact that most of the shows I tried clicking on it told me its not available in my country, and overall I wasn't left with a very good impression.

I have to agree with Rob. If the average webmaster finds it hard to navigate, how on earth is the average surfer going to figure it out?

I do like the fact they're branching out in other areas, leaving their core business, their SEARCH ENGINE easily abled to be GAMED.

Microsoft is clearly more focused on search, and it has been much harder to manipulate their SERPS, which makes for better content sites to reach the top.

what type TV shows

what type of TV shows are they going to be selling friends Seinfeld?

sofy60 said:
what type of TV shows are they going to be selling friends Seinfeld?

Have a look
http://video.google.com/

Since my last post the site seems to have improved a little, at least they have a list of some of the more popular stuff to buy on the front page now.

Interesting but its seem its not available in UK yet. I tried to download one it says "not available in your country" :(

MI
Back