The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google to penalize websites that aren't resposnive

As expected. Matt Cutts discussed this last year at the Search Marketing Expo along with several other factors. Here is the 1 hour discussion including suggesting penalties for slow mobile loads.

My most of the sites are mobile friendly, hence nothing to worry about.

It isn't just being mobile friendly @shasha , it's about load time, readability, faulty redirects, smart-phone only errors, as well as a few other mobile mistakes by web dev's (according to Matt Cutts). Here is a Google's' Guides page that covers the following:
  1. Blocked JavaScript, CSS and image files
  2. Unplayable content
  3. Faulty redirects
  4. Mobile-only 404s
  5. App download interstitials
  6. Irrelevant cross-links
  7. Slow mobile pages

There they go playing internet police again.

Mom and pop operations can really kiss Google traffic goodbye.

Mom and pop operations can really kiss Google traffic goodbye.

I will have to respectively disagree with you @searchnetics as my experience in recent years with my Realtor Clients has proven to be easier than ever to pound the competition with local Search and Content practices. Below are some articles that clearly demonstrate my experiences lately.

Google Local Search - A Business Can Add or Search a Business

Forbes - How to Own Your Neighborhood In Google Local Search Rankings - local businesses are in a prime position to reap the rewards of the many recent local-focused algorithm updates

Search Engine Watch - Google: Local Searches Lead 50% of Mobile Users to Visit Stores [Study]

I will have to respectively disagree with you @searchnetics as my experience in recent years with my Realtor Clients has proven to be easier than ever to pound the competition with local Search and Content practices. Below are some articles that clearly demonstrate my experiences lately.

Google Local Search - A Business Can Add or Search a Business

Forbes - How to Own Your Neighborhood In Google Local Search Rankings - local businesses are in a prime position to reap the rewards of the many recent local-focused algorithm updates

Search Engine Watch - Google: Local Searches Lead 50% of Mobile Users to Visit Stores [Study]

I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I meant in the very traditional sense. Like businesses that are trying to understand the online arena are just finding it harder and harder to keep up with what Google wants.

I understand that in this particular case it's for the benefit of the searcher but other times it's just in their best interests.

I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Sometimes my brain just doesn't process.

I meant in the very traditional sense. Like businesses that are trying to understand the online arena are just finding it harder and harder to keep up with what Google wants.

I understand that in this particular case it's for the benefit of the searcher but other times it's just in their best interests.

Yup, your right, they don't give enough of an effort to make it simple for the average person to keep up and the SERPS are very self centered. That said, it influences my income positively. I am not a true, dyed in the wool, SEO guy. I just do a well balanced effort for my clients. At the moment, I get them far more from social engagement than from direct SEO influences. SEO isn't what it used to be and certainly doesn't carry the weight it once did. Still, it can't be ignored.

It isn't just being mobile friendly @shasha , it's about load time, readability, faulty redirects, smart-phone only errors, as well as a few other mobile mistakes by web dev's (according to Matt Cutts). Here is a Google's' Guides page that covers the following:
  1. Blocked JavaScript, CSS and image files
  2. Unplayable content
  3. Faulty redirects
  4. Mobile-only 404s
  5. App download interstitials
  6. Irrelevant cross-links
  7. Slow mobile pages

I wouldn't have a clue about how to fix any of those things. :(

banners
Back