The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google site wide link radar

temi

affiliate
Has anyone had keywords filtered by Google because there are too many links coming from the same site? I think they call it site wide radar. Any ideas the maximum link one can safely place before the site wide radar kikes in?
Looks like on of my sites is being filtered for a certain keyword after I bout a site wide text link for a large site
Temi

Temi,

I read this morning that site wides with more than ten links will now damage your ranks. This could be just a rumour, it was sent in an e-mail from a friend who works quite about with SEO's.

This is the talk, but with google, who knows the truth. :cry:

It has happened in my case. One day, all of the sudden, pages, which were receiving daily traffic from Google, stopped receiving traffic. I figured they considered the site of mine, which had the links, a link farm. And perhaps it was. Live and learn.

I try to keep it under 5 links for each site, which is mine, which links to another one of my sites.

Paul

OOP is a selective negative loading with many factors adding up to reach the tripwire threshold. I am sure that inbound link paterns are one of those factors.

In the old days, Google just kicked a site out of the index and there was no predictable way back. This was met with worldwide condemnation by Web Prodessionals as this was frequently trigered by lack of knowledge as well as deliberate Spam Techniques. Googles reputation was suffering so the OOP filter was introduced.

This OOP is only applied on a page by page basis and leaves the rest of the site to perform on merit. As a page is "De-Optimised" the OOP is removed and restoration of perfermance in the SERPs is just a matter of normal spidering and index update timescales.

I completely agree with smeagain analysis. One of my sites has been on page one for the keyword "e-commerce" I bought a site wide link for the site using the said keyword as anchor text and I lost my page one position (index page) I found another page from the same site on page 4 for the same keyword which mean the filter was applied only the homepage. I have remove the site wide link, I will see how long it will take to get back to where the site was previously.

banners
Back