The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google: "Sandbox" confirmed!

Paul_KY

affiliate
Right out of the horse's mouth:

"During the conversation, which centered around spamming Google (as Todd, Greg & Dave are or were all top-level spammers), Matt asked how succesful Google's recent efforts to stop spam had been.

Greg & Dave in particular had some choice words about the subject and I commented too. We all shared the opinion that ranking new sites at Google was a pain since the inception of "sandbox" and Matt noted (this is a near word-for-word quote) - "OK, so it's really working. Even on you (guys)."

"I asked him [not Cutts, but a different Googler] what Google internally called the sandbox. He doged my question fastidiously until saying that he would try to get the spam team to adopt our term, "sandbox", so we could all call it the same thing. I asked him if they would continue using it and he said "definitely" or possibly "almost certainly"... He noted in words I cannot remember exactly that they felt it was having a remarkable effect on the quality of the index. We moved on to other subjects after this, but not before he was vehement in explaining to me specifically that they did not design it to affect "all new websites", but that a "filter must be tripped" for a site to be "boxed".

Heh...Heh...

www.seomoz.org/blogdetail.php?ID=328

Nice found PaulKY. I always knew there was some filter for new websites. I have a website with low pr but about six years old and ranks really great. Some new websites I've build have a higher link popularity but still rank pretty low.. But I have no worries eventually my new websites will also rank better..

Todd (oilman) is bloody hilarious. He really winds up Matt Cutts every time he gets the mike in a conference. He is also one of the best Black hats in the world, and a really nice guy to boot.

Excellent post Paul,
The guy is just confirming the blindingly obvious which webmasters have known since last year.
smeagain did a tutorial on how to avoid sandbox in this forum last year

Nah...Nah...Nah...

... The SANDBOX STRIKES AGAIN!

For the non-savy, blinded by SEO (without insight) forums crowd, I hope your day job is going well.

Remember, burger flipping is an, "Art".

LOL

p.s. I, "Flipped Burgers" once.

MI
Back