The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google PR

No one understands google - sign onto Seoquake in firefox and look at the PRs or the firs page - The bigger PR s aren't always the highest on the google page (also more backlinks isnt always higher) so we work and work for higher PR but no one knows how google really ranks sites

No one understands google - sign onto Seoquake in firefox and look at the PRs or the firs page - The bigger PR s aren't always the highest on the google page (also more backlinks isnt always higher) so we work and work for higher PR but no one knows how google really ranks sites

Well, we may not know all of the factors or all of the details of Google's algorithms but I think a lot of what Google values or doesn't value in search rankings is pretty clear. And we do know that simple PageRank has fallen significantly in importance but it still plays a role.

PR won't help your conversions.

Instead of spending time looking at and working on your PR, I'd recommend using that time to create quality content and a better user experience.

A high PR is great for selling links to people who think PR is important.

A high PR might also make people think your site is a serious one, but there aren't too many of your readers who value PR or who even know what PR is. And it's much more important how your readers feel about the site than the SEO people.

Up until about a year ago I felt Google PR was not a big deal at all but now for a ecommerce website I think it is very important. People for the most part who shop online seem to have heard of PR and they know more is better and that it takes time and work to get so to check out a ecommerce website to see if it is legit they very often look at length of ownership and PR before sending them any money
I think that these two details will become more and more important with time

Most people never even see PageRank. Unless you install a toolbar or add-on, it's a nonexistent factor. And the vast majority of people have never heard of it and wouldn't know how to find an add-on even if they did. Even the infamous Google toolbar only works with IE now.

Google Page Rank will determine the ranking position by giving it an importance score. Page Rank does matter and this is the main formula behind the Google search engine. The higher the page rank the more higher your ranking in the search engines.

Even though, you personally may not pay too much attention to it, it does play an important role in Google Search results.

Google Page Rank will determine the ranking position by giving it an importance score. Page Rank does matter and this is the main formula behind the Google search engine. The higher the page rank the more higher your ranking in the search engines.

Even though, you personally may not pay too much attention to it, it does play an important role in Google Search results.

Actually, the importance of PageRank has been falling steadily in recent years to the point where it is probably the least important metric for predicting how well you'll rank for any specific search term.

Actually, the importance of PageRank has been falling steadily in recent years to the point where it is probably the least important metric for predicting how well you'll rank for any specific search term.

Well I guess you obviously are not too aware of the recent Google update and why the update was made. People where trying to build links using emd's, low quality links to manipulate their inbound links. Here is a quote from Google own page..

" The rank value indicates an importance of a particular page. A hyperlink to a page counts as a vote of support"

So if you have page rank and a low quality hyperlink (its a low vote), however with the a quality hyperlink, you are voting to increase persons page rank. It shows importance of a page which influences your rank in results.

A couple of years or so ago, Google engineers like Matt Cutts were cautioning people that PageRank is one of more than 100 factors used to determine how a page ranks in search results.

Today, that statement would have to say "one of more than 300 factors".

Yeah it's still a factor. But there are many other far more important factors to worry about.

A couple of years or so ago, Google engineers like Matt Cutts were cautioning people that PageRank is one of more than 100 factors used to determine how a page ranks in search results.

Today, that statement would have to say "one of more than 300 factors".

Yeah it's still a factor. But there are many other far more important factors to worry about.

Matt Cutts is great. I read over his material alot and he is usually the one providing people like us the real insights into Google recent changes. Anyway, yes there are many factors that will influence Page Rank, however I believe the importance is still very high and not declining. This is why when I build my links, I always look for website with a high page rank which shows reputation and quality. Building links from these websites will be much more solid than lower page rank sites.

oh, not to mention, make sure to look for relevant websites too.

banners
Back