The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Keyword Tool is Dead!

Did you notice that GKT is now gone?

It is now redirecting to a notice or even in planner.

Adjusting to the new Keyword is a real pain coz its a lot like focused on advertisers now.

What is your opinion?

P.S. A lot of keyword tools developer are really having a lots of troubles! Haha! :)

It was already announced for months - and now it's done ;)

http://www.cpafix.com/f20/end-keyword-tool-4622/

The new Keyword Planner provides even better results,

because it's a combination between the old Keyword Tool and the Traffic Estimator.

After a few rounds one gets used to it,

and the childhood problems during the preprocessing phase seem to be gone ;)

ꜛꜛ I had this prob during the test phase. Now it's Ok for me, since they've changed the display size (wider, but not as high).

The problem only occurs with very few exceptions - in cases of very, very long phrases.

But when you download the results (as usual in an excel file), then you can read even the very long phrases ;)

Nice tip there Marc. I did hear them recommending the download of the files to an excel file to access certain results.

Expert SEOs Response

I have found that it likes to redirect me to different pages when doing keyword research. No doubt to try make me sign up for an account.

long excel sheets

Which long sheets ??? There is only one line to download, the top keyword with the most monthly searches.
A Ninja jumps into the hottest fights. Hot and spicy, as life has to be ;)

(Just kidding :)) It's also possible to read the long tail phrases in the Keyword Planner by a mouse-over. But that's a bit annoying.

And: By a single click on the "average searches per month"-button you get the results already listed in order of the maximum values (which again is important for a Ninja, see above ;)).

The new keyword planner and display planner are great - Just takes a lot to get used to!

Re: Expert SEOs Response

It's recommendable to register for an AdWords account, because you will get the better stats.

You actually HAVE to have an adwords account to use it, no other way to get to it apart from in your account.

You don't have to ever set up a campaign though, plus if you were ever banned from Adwords like a lot of us who used to use it for affiliate marketing back in the day then you can still use it in that account, the ban doesn't affect the tool.

Re: Expert SEOs Response

You actually HAVE to have an adwords account to use it, no other way to get to it apart from in your account.

Since I always logged in via my AdWords account, I didn't notice that a direct use of the new keyword planner is no more possible.

the ban doesn't affect the tool.

Yup, otherwise I would have never been able to use the Keyword Tool :eek:
although I wonder why stupid products and campaigns such as "weight loss by eating tons of chocolate" are still approved by ClickBank, but if you begin to advertise them, then you will be blocked by G's AdWords team within world record time :rolleyes:

I hate the keyword planner. Oh well, I'm using Spyfu now anyway, so I guess Google lost traffic from me :).
To me it's pretty much the same in a different format - there's not much you can't do that you used to be able to!

I'm sure they just did it with the best interest of advertisers and publishers in mind. Just like they did when they mixed mobile/destkop traffic in your adwords campaigns.

qNrH6FN.jpg

I wasn't sure about it at first but I've gotten used to it now and kind of like the new layout.

As K said - not much has actually changed stuff has just been moved around.

Last edited:
MI
Back