The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google gives up on Gmail name in U.K.

M

maro25

Search giant stops using Gmail name after protacted wranglings with U.K. research firm that refers to part of its software as G-mail.
news.com.com/Google+gives+up+on+Gmail+name+in+U.K./2100-1030_3-5901674.html

Yes,
That company asked google to pay £500,000 a year for the name but google did not want to pay, they want to buy it outrigh

heh I didn't think anyone would be able to hit google up like that and get away with it.

But its not them hitting google, its google thinking he is invincible and finding out that its not. The other company registered the trademark Gmail about two years before Google started Gmail, so who do you think should own the title to Gmail?

BTW, welcome to UK Webmaster World Alex J

thanks for the welcome.
yeah you're right. The other company is fully entitled to rights, it's just nice to see that corporate giants don't always get their way, like they do in the US for say.

Emerging giants tends to throw their weighs about before the learn their limitation, like Microsoft had to.

Gmail looks really good. best orgainisation of emails I've saw. The onlyy problem is if you are using it to email customers and it slaps a related ad onto the bottom of your emails froma competing company.

PI,
Even is no advert is slapped on the bottom of your email, I don't think using a free email service to communicate with you customer is a good idea, it does not portray a very professional image.

yeah you really want to have you@yourdomain.com as the reply email address. its like the difference between using plain normal a4 paper and the expensive 50sgm paper.

banners
Back