The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Devaluing DMOZ and Yahoo! Links?

I am not sure they are saying that, but the article does point out that Google no longer suggests adding sites to Web directories is a good idea. This is a real pain as I use this a sales pitch... Webmaster Guidelines - Webmaster Help Center

These links will still be valuable if the directories are quality sites.

Tony

The article simple says they have removed the advise, doesn't mean they have changed anything. Google is constantly trying to match sites to keywords and I would have thought google quality directories would help.

Jon

I was quite excited by the title of the thread, but as previous posters have said, I don't believe that they are actually devalueing DMOZ or Yahoo...

In time, though, I think there needs to be a replacement for DMOZ...There are too many flaws in that directory.

I agree it doesn't say they are devaluing a link from DMOZ, just that it isn't something people should worry about getting a listing.

Directory Links

After reading the article,he is focusing on one thing that directory links are not good and google do not count them.

I don't find anything new in it.

Yeah I think google should not devaluing DMOZ, Coz this directory is really a good and seo friendly directory. If google devaluing it how much more the other directories should also be devalued. But I don't believe too that they are actually devalueing DMOZ or Yahoo...

MI
Back