Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google dance [merged]

here's my results:-

before -> after

Pr3 - > pr3

pr0 -> pr4

pr0 -> pr2

The SERPs havent really been updated yet, though the backlinks have.

well, really not that much. I tried to link swap with other websites that are pr4 + that are related to my website, anout 15 of them and 5 linked back to me. i just left the other links up and I got that PR4. It has enough pages to be a pr4 site as well.

My site has gone from the index being 5 and the 2nd level pages being 4 to all the pages being 5.

Mathematically speaking would you think the fact that all the 2nd level pages are 5 mean that the index has more chance of becoming a PR6 since all those PR5 pages link to it (eg may have gone from 5.2 to 5.6)

Obviously the number of external backlinks is more significant but i'm thinking this makes a difference

Rob,
You index is definitely a far stronger PR5 than it was when you sub pages were pr4 but pure mathematics does not always work with Google algo, a bit of mysticism included free of charge with google updates :)

All the estimations are based on the first Google PR algorithm and from that on it is all trials and tests... We can only know the factors that affect a PR but not the actual formula

temi said:
Rob,
You index is definitely a far stronger PR5 than it was when you sub pages were pr4 but pure mathematics does not always work with Google algo, a bit of mysticism included free of charge with google updates :)

My search rank has also increased for my target single word search term, in the last week it has gradually moved its way up from page 8 where its been for ages to page 5 in the results. Obviously still rubbish as its not page 1 but a sign of improvement.

This is absolutely insane. I'm sure everyone knows by now, the cat and mouse game I play with the googloids. To me, it's fun. I get free traffic for a good while. They bump my a*s to the bottom of the SERPS, and then I have to pay Google Adwords to start receiving traffic again. I know their game, and I enjoy playing it. And I don't mind paying for traffic, but this latest conquest is absurd. And I am posting this out of sheer glee of goobly's vulnerbility. And this is simply an 4 year old affiliate site. It's not even my main site.

I post this in hopes everyone will not get "played" by goobly, but yet learn from the likes of OWG, and PLAY their A*S.

This is insance. Usually I get the free traffic, make money, they drop my rankings, I pay money to be shown via google adwords. I then get the traffic, which I pay for, yet, by the Grace Of God, I receive a very nice ROI. But this latest SERP shuffle is VERY unique, as the free traffic I'm receiving now, and the revenue it's produced, has paid for EVERY dollar I spent through adwords this year, 10 times over. Their utter arrogance is making me a millionaire! And I post this not to brag, oh no, not at all, I post in hopes someone will know who's in charge of their site/business, you, or googyyyy.

I simply cannot believe my eyes. And this was a 3-4 thousand UV per day affiliate marketing site. Unreal! If they dropped me now, the free money I've recieved in the past 16 days, would be enough to fund my paid traffic for at least 10 months.

I'm so happy the folks at googy are counting their stock holdings, rather than paying CLOSE attention to their ALGO.

Unique Visits per Day

Oct 26 24,708
Oct 25 20,772
Oct 24 21,854
Oct 23 12,669
Oct 22 12,611
Oct 21 16,394
Oct 20 21,608
Oct 19 16,807
Oct 18 16,063
Oct 17 16,874
Oct 16 18,565
Oct 15 20,794
Oct 14 18,570
Oct 13 18,904
Oct 12 11,420
Oct 11 14,609
Oct 10 13,720
Oct 9 1,637
Oct 8 2,601
Oct 7 4,576
Oct 6 3,662

Thanks, googy!

Again, I in no way want anyone to think I am bragging. I'm just a regular guy. I'm married, with two Children, and one is in 3rd grade. Seven years ago, I had not a penny to my name, unless you consider debt LOL as "pennies to your name".

I would hope everyone would stand back, take a look, and know that PAYING for traffic is a the most important part of running your online biz. See, when you pay for traffic, you're in control. You're holding the ace of spades. If you're relying on SEO, long term, you most surely will fail. (OWG most surely will disagree with me on this LOL)

Paul,
Perhaps you are now getting the traffic you deserve, sites competing for the same keywords have probably been nobled and your site it well positioned to benefit from it. Like OWG advices, its probably still a little but too early to celebrate or mourn, the 3 phase of the update is still on.

I understand, but as stated, it doesn't matter now. The profit from the free traffic will now pay for any paid traffic, and with an ROI to boot, I'd have to purchase if my rankings drop. And, IMHO, I think my ranking will drop. If not, googslop's SERPS suck arse. I'm being ranking #1/2 for keywords I'd never DREAMED of optimizing for.

Paul_KY said:
If you're relying on SEO, long term, you most surely will fail. (OWG most surely will disagree with me on this LOL)

Absolutely not! No way would I disagree with you, in fact as I am a marketing man I batter my clients into getting their heads around the fact that must NEVER rely on search position as a core of their business. They must fully integrate offline marketing, must work on traffic from other sources, like paid adverts on decent traffic sites that are likely to share the same sort of customer. I would however state it a little differently ;)

If you're relying solely on SEO, long term, you are definitely running a high risk strategy, and one I would not recommend.

There is a simple acid test for this, and it goes like this.

Ask your self this simple question, 'if I lost all my organic search traffic tomorrow, would my business be ok?'

In most cases the answer is no. Ask yourself another not so simple question, 'If I lost all my traffic tomorrow, do I have a fall back position of adwords etc?' the answer to this should be absolutely yes.

I always run an adwords campaign for clients even though they mostly ALL tell me adwords don't work as they have tried it and it is too expansive lol. They then give me the few words/phrases they were buying and they normally run along the lines of.

lingerie
underwear
designer lingerie
designer underwear

I piss myself laughing at the list, and they normally fall over in shock when I give them a list of a few hundred words/phrases, all of which cost minimum £. They then almost have a heart attack when I explain that they are going to need a shed load of adverts written.

The outcome of this though is that they are paying minimum bids, but because of the way Google adwords grades ads (it is not like overture where the top bidder gets the top spot), because of this, and because their ads are specific and well written they get a better click through rate so they get the top spot for less than top bid. Add to this that ever ad is delivering traffic to a landing page that is designed for maximum conversion, they soon realise that AdWords is certainly not the spawn of the devil, but is in fact the thing of dreams where you can buy £10 notes for £2, and as many as you like at that !

So sorry to disappoint you Paul ;) but this is why I dislike the phrase SEO and prefer the title SEM, as I am a marketer not an optimiser, although optimisation is part of the overall marketing package :)

Off out now to buy some stuff for the new house, almost finished, but we need one or two electrical things we missed.

UK = shed load
US = shit load

Oh, how we screw things up...sorry I went OT.

PS: And this is the most intelligent post I can make with my 100th post. Go figure.

LOL So true, OWG!

"lingerie
underwear
designer lingerie
designer underwear"

Duh! No wonder those dipchits weren't getting an ROI. I LMAO at those in the online game industry trying to compete for keywords such as "Games", "Free Games", "Internet Games", etc. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

banners
Back